Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I saw in the paper that Leices were also after CHarlie Austin if they cant get Ulloa :shrug:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The last accounts showed ALL operational costs to be £17.2m, which would include payroll and all other overheads.

Perplexed where you get the 17.2m figure from there WestStander as all the pieces i've read about 2012/13 quote a c21m figure for "football costs/wages" for 12/13.

"New signings and a larger wage bill meant the club's "footballing costs" rose from £14.8m to £20.9m as Brighton came close to promotion."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26055733

"The Albion’s wage bill has shot up from £7 million in our last season at Withdean to £14 million in the first season at the Amex to £21 million last year."
http://theseagulllovereview.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/200-million-reasons-to-love-tony-bloom.html

"overall turnover at the club was pegged back by a huge rise in “football costs”.
The £20.9m bill, up from £14.8m the previous year, is largely from the increase in wages and transfer fees with the club looking to gain promotion to the Premier League."
http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/10989371.Brighton_and_Hove_Albion_posts_losses_of___14_7m/

Anyway i'm obviously not the expert on this . Ask a certain >> http://www.northstandchat.com/member.php?31-El-Presidente for more who definitely can answer queries about how much the Albion spend, what on and how that compares to other clubs in the Champ.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Tangent: how good is Leo Ulloa's English? Would he do as well without translation? Understanding tactics etc. Leicester do not seem to have any Spanish speakers. Is this important? Or is football a universal language?

I am completely unsure about how important this is?

A good reason for not going to Leicester?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Tangent: how good is Leo Ulloa's English? Would he do as well without translation? Understanding tactics etc. Leicester do not seem to have any Spanish speakers. Is this important? Or is football a universal language?

I am completely unsure about how important this is?

A good reason for not going to Leicester?

He's been here over 18 months, so it should be decent. Certainly not a major issue if they're offering to double his wages!

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
I saw in the paper that Leices were also after CHarlie Austin if they cant get Ulloa :shrug:

That is just a idle threat and aimed at us which is laughable because they'd have to pay double and Leicester wouldn't be able to afford his wages. Leciester are getting so desperate that they'll have no option but to meet our valuation.

They are pretending to be looking at offer strikers because they think we'll buckle and except their final bid. No chance :)

Fernandez wouldn't sell Austin under any circumstances. That's been put about to further unsettle Leo alas

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I have no problem with FFP, if it is applied correctly across the board. I hate FFP when it operates alongside the 'Parachute Payement' anomoly, that renders any FFP guidelines as completely redundant and discriminatory.

If you read my post, I used the words 'WHEN' and 'CANDIDATES'.... so yes it is still to officially come into the public domain, but seeing as we have already witnessed QPR and its fantasy football levels of losses, plus the obvious Forest overspending vs its attendances etc,...... I will keep wondering until I see it all in black and white. I am certain that little or no sanction will be applied to either of those clubs, nor those others found to be outside the FFP parameters.

Level playing field is what I would like to see..... and as someone else said, why not reward those who stay in control of finances, why randomly pass the cash to a charity...... smells like a smokescreen to me.

As ever, you are being disingenuous! Your post states 'but I have yet to hear of a single sanction given out' which, to anyone with an understanding of the English language, would imply you believe that sanctions should have been given out if merited!!!

Yes, we would all like to see a level playing field but that will never happen as some clubs earn more than others which itself distorts the equality.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He wouldn't be the first man to be untruthful about how much he was earning - although in fairness I expect that most would inflate their salary (especially if trying to impress someone).

He was not letting on to his real total pay from BHA. Possibly out of embarrassment, but it's private info anyway, even to "a mate".
On checking with someone in the know, average Championship player pay is £9k per week, and like all Albion players El Abd was almost certainly on a higher level than the £3k per week he told "a mate".

I'm sure he once said the same about his F1 team.
Comparison doesn't work though - Fermandez is not quitting the sport of football is he? Hence he wouldn't sell one of his main footballing assets

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here