Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion receive go ahead to increase capacity from just over 30,000 to 32,500

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Having that shelf above them might encourage the north to sing a bit more, with people at the back being less out in the open and that bit of cover helping the acoustics.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Would have been so much better if they could remove the police box and connect this new shelf round to the middle tier of the west.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
REAL attendance? Those physically present? Or Barber's "attendance" - which is the real attendance plus a random number he adds on to make us look cool?

Whilst I agree it’s become a pointless number, I do think they have to report the number as tickets sold as per PL rules… or at least that used to be the case. Also I remember years ago some clubs got in trouble with the tax man for misreporting attendance figures back in the old turnstile days where the operator would keep their foot on the pedal allowing several through but only reporting one ‘paying customer’

I also imagine it looks good when negotiating sponsorship deals

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
REAL attendance? Those physically present? Or Barber's "attendance" - which is the real attendance plus a random number he adds on to make us look cool?

That's a bit unfair. Barber out? What's he done and who would replace him?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Whilst I agree it’s become a pointless number, I do think they have to report the number as tickets sold as per PL rules… or at least that used to be the case. Also I remember years ago some clubs got in trouble with the tax man for misreporting attendance figures back in the old turnstile days where the operator would keep their foot on the pedal allowing several through but only reporting one ‘paying customer’

I also imagine it looks good when negotiating sponsorship deals
Of course it is,.... it reflects tickets paid for, that's the important bit for the club, inland revenue and the PL.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021

Cor blimey, this same comment has been made approximately 2,797 times before.

We all know that they publish the number of tickets sold, as does every other club. I had Covid for the Newcastle game and couldn't find a taker for my season ticket. My seat was empty for the match but that seat was sold and paid for. So what?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Cor blimey, this same comment has been made approximately 2,797 times before.

We all know that they publish the number of tickets sold, as does every other club. I had Covid for the Newcastle game and couldn't find a taker for my season ticket. My seat was empty for the match but that seat was sold and paid for. So what?

You can lead a horse to water etc etc. Unfortunately the truth get's in the way of the Barber Bashing Brigade.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Apart from an artist's impression where is it suggested there will be a shelf? Thought all the seat increases were in place and I'm guessing it's the big screen outside and a few bits in the fan zone?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here