Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion receive go ahead to increase capacity from just over 30,000 to 32,500

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Do we need more seats? Can't we just up the pretendence to, say, 40,000?

If we sell 40,000 tickets, yes, yes we can.

But I suspect that, by the laws of Grayskull, we would need to put the actual seats in first.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Judging by some of the comments on here 4000 will do for the Brentford game

Indeed. Rubbish club, clueless ownership, every decision wrong, wrong and wrong again; who could possibly support it?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Cor blimey, this same comment has been made approximately 2,797 times before.

We all know that they publish the number of tickets sold, as does every other club. I had Covid for the Newcastle game and couldn't find a taker for my season ticket. My seat was empty for the match but that seat was sold and paid for. So what?

Indeed, many on here, most in fact, seem to think it is a fiendish idea by Paul Barber to announce the attendance as tickets sold, rather than actual bums on seats, whereas as you say, the vast majority of clubs do exactly the same thing.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Indeed, many on here, most in fact, seem to think it is a fiendish idea by Paul Barber to announce the attendance as tickets sold, rather than actual bums on seats, whereas as you say, the vast majority of clubs do exactly the same thing.

But it may be fiendish at all the other clubs as well :wink:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If we sell 40,000 tickets, yes, yes we can.

But I suspect that, by the laws of Grayskull, we would need to put the actual seats in first.

Just sell some cheap tickets - say £10 a pop, on condition that you act like an STH and don't actually turn up on match day. Free access to the online matchday programme and a £3 voucher for the club shop (plus a loyalty point). That way you can sell the seat several times over - 40,000 tickets sold, pretendence 40,000. My email to PB is on its way ....................

Simples, even to meerkats!

Last edited:

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
As someone who likes to bash Barber, it was something to moan about when we started announcing a pretendance in the Championship, inflating numbers against our rivals. But now we're in the Prem everyone is doing it, it's a bit shit but i think people need to get over it tbh, it's not going to change has been explained a billion times before

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Considering where we've come from (yeah, I know) the fact that we can now routinely sell over 30,000 tickets for every home game IS remarkable. As well as all the sellouts when we were in the second division as well.

This is a golden era for BHA, its never been better. I'm seriously hankering for a 12th place finish this season, so we can officially celebrate the greatest team in our entire history.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
On mature reflection, taking the increased capacity as an indicator that the club may intend investing in one or more oven-ready strikers and pay them the going rate for the job at some point in the not too distant future, thereby keeping the EPL circus show on the road for now. Fingers crossed eh? :shrug:

#prayforlanyards

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here