Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion publish estimated bus journey times for those not opting for £75 service

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Is it really, try one of the worst affected by the change, Woodingdean.
We have two bus services which most of South Woodingdean can only use one of them. They both run every 20 minutes and from around 6pm at night, start to reduce to every 30 minutes.
It must have also one of the worst records for buses being cancelled.
Now if you are talking about good service being the number 1, 5, 7, 49 and 50 then I would not argue with you, but you tell any Woodingdean resident after he has stood there waiting for a 2 or 22 in town for nearly forty minutes, because his bus has mysteriously been cancelled and he has stood there watching endless 1, 5 or 7 buses go by empty and some two at a time, tell them we have a well run reliable service they will laugh in your face.

I can imagine Woodingdean being badly affected by this change actually, now you raise it. The R bus went all through there didn't it? I've got to be honest, I hadn't thought of Woodingdean, but it is a very fair point. I've never really understood why there are so few 2s and 22s, but it might actually be getting a bit worse because Stagecoach have actually attempted to take on the 2 route from B&H buses, whether they'd want to run it all the way out to Rottingdean or not remains to be seen. In a way, it might actually be better for B&H to lose that service and increase the frequency on the 22, or run a new service out to Rottingdean starting from somewhere else in the City, probably Churchill Square.

Either way, it's going to be interesting getting home to Woodingdean from the Amex. It is a genuine concern, I would contact the club directly, and B&H buses as well, see what they say.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I can imagine Woodingdean being badly affected by this change actually, now you raise it. The R bus went all through there didn't it? I've got to be honest, I hadn't thought of Woodingdean, but it is a very fair point. I've never really understood why there are so few 2s and 22s, but it might actually be getting a bit worse because Stagecoach have actually attempted to take on the 2 route from B&H buses, whether they'd want to run it all the way out to Rottingdean or not remains to be seen. In a way, it might actually be better for B&H to lose that service and increase the frequency on the 22, or run a new service out to Rottingdean starting from somewhere else in the City, probably Churchill Square.

Either way, it's going to be interesting getting home to Woodingdean from the Amex. It is a genuine concern, I would contact the club directly, and B&H buses as well, see what they say.

That is news to me about Stagecoach, any links so I can read what is going on?
As far as contacting the club about our issue, I did this by email and have received no response. I am not sure they are to interested to be honest, it is like they have washed their hands of us.

I would liked to have seen the 5b bus continue over from Falmer to Woodingdean down cCowley Drive and back over Falmer , Hollingbury and Patcham and so on. This would have given Woodingdean a connection to the west side of the town.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If I lived in Woodingdean, my choice would be to drive to the Racecourse to get the P&R even though it means doubling back to Woodingdean when it goes. Maybe the P&R bus could also pick up in Woodingdean if it isn't full?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
If I lived in Woodingdean, my choice would be to drive to the Racecourse to get the P&R even though it means doubling back to Woodingdean when it goes. Maybe the P&R bus could also pick up in Woodingdean if it isn't full?

Yes you are right and this looks like my new route to the Amex.
My concern is, it will not only be the best option for me but I can see it being a best option for anyone from Peacehaven through to Whitehawk.
I don't get the impression there is a plan to put extra buses on from the park and ride sites, so it will be just first come first served and if you don't get on the last bus at 2-30 or 7-15 or the buses leaving after the game, then tough.

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
I used to catch S bus, bottom of Fox Way (Dean Gardens stop). On the seagulls Travel website it says Warrior Close for new pick up, when I went in I was told Fox Way, I tried to explain Fox way was a very long road. The booking process hasn't been finished on website yet. I dont know what bus stop to stand at......so when I'm standing in the middle of the road trying flag down the bus...make the driver stop!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Look - most people knew the R service was too good to last ..................... but the estimate of 50 mins for the 5 miles for the special bus from Rottingdean is laughable. Google estimates to walk it (not going around Cowley Drive) at 90 mins. The last couple of times I caught it I will be surprised if it was more than 15 minutes.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think we will get varied reports on this over the coming season. For some it will be smooth because the bus they end up getting on at the Amex will get them to their connection with perfect timing, and others will find themselves hanging around getting home late etc.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Is it really, try one of the worst affected by the change, Woodingdean.
We have two bus services which most of South Woodingdean can only use one of them. They both run every 20 minutes and from around 6pm at night, start to reduce to every 30 minutes.
It must have also one of the worst records for buses being cancelled.
Now if you are talking about good service being the number 1, 5, 7, 49 and 50 then I would not argue with you, but you tell any Woodingdean resident after he has stood there waiting for a 2 or 22 in town for nearly forty minutes, because his bus has mysteriously been cancelled and he has stood there watching endless 1, 5 or 7 buses go by empty and some two at a time, tell them we have a well run reliable service they will laugh in your face.

Just to put you right on the no 5 service although the 5 & 5a use the same route into the city centre if they both come along at the same time you can sometimes wait 25 mins for the next one, so it's not all that good.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I think much of the concern was based on how long it would take to get HOME when the entire stadium leaves at the same time (or within around 15 minutes of each other) rather than getting to the stadium.

But so far, these figures ARE reassuring.

That is common to all clubs when their stadium empties after games-not just here in England. We are lucky that there are a number of options available post-match. Of course, the main body of people all leaving at the same time will incur the longest waits but that's what happens with crowds of over 28,000. That's the price to pay for following a club on the up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here