Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion publish estimated bus journey times for those not opting for £75 service

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Clearly the monorail or hover board has arrived. I get a bus at 6am in the morning from the stop before rottingdean and it only just makes the journey in 11 mins then. Also I don't recall the r bus taking 50 mins even when it went all the way round woodingdean.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The whole thing has blown out of proportion anyway. We knew there was a LOT of fat in the first season at the Amex, anyone with a commercial mind could see how the fat would be trimmed before too long. Barber has got this call right in my opinion, people can just use the park and ride or train. There are plenty of options.

Personally, I plan to get the Mithras House P&R (should be nice and quick with the bus lanes along Lewes Road now) and then get a 48/49 from there into town. Getting the 48 would mean another change, but that's not the end of the world. Even for night games, there are enough links to get people away.

I guess it will take a couple of minutes to get 80 passengers onto a double decker , and perhaps 20-30 seconds each time while dropping off passengers at bus stops on the way. If B&H Buses use the bendibuses on the number 25 route after the game it will take even longer to get 140 on and the driver has to make sure the doors are clear after letting passengers off.
To be honest, this level of micro-detail in predicting how long it will be before a bus from the Amex gets to the point at which it connects with a bus to somewhere else is a shot in the dark.

Other stuff (like the fact that emptying the stadium is quicker when the Albion lose than it is when we win) is probably a more significant factor.

The real test will be the usual "suck it and see" thing.

matt_32510

Feb 7, 2011
Portslade
Will Brighton and Hove buses start running buses on time then? Otherwise it will take longer. Too many times I have been waiting for a bus for over 20 minutes, even though it is advertised every 6 minutes.(non matchdays).

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Will Brighton and Hove buses start running buses on time then? Otherwise it will take longer. Too many times I have been waiting for a bus for over 20 minutes, even though it is advertised every 6 minutes.(non matchdays).

And early in the day and late at night I find a lot of buses come early, so even if you get to the bus stop in time for the scheduled arrival, it may be too late.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Doesn't mention places like Hangleton and just a complete work of fiction, if all the Shoreham punters get on Brighton trains that will make the already packed trains even more full so people boarding nearer Brighton won't get on. The 3 coaches have limited capacity as it is and as usual Lapdog Perry makes it up as he goes along and the lickers believe his crap

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
To be honest, this level of micro-detail in predicting how long it will be before a bus from the Amex gets to the point at which it connects with a bus to somewhere else is a shot in the dark.

Other stuff (like the fact that emptying the stadium is quicker when the Albion lose than it is when we win) is probably a more significant factor.

It is all theoretical as the bus timings can be affected by traffic congestion which can be regularly observed by the "next bus due" info on the real time displays at the bus stop.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Really unhappy that they price £75 extra for us using H & S buses

If people move to other services will just switch the problems and is likely to end up with more cars/pollution being used for P & R

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Doesn't mention places like Hangleton and just a complete work of fiction, if all the Shoreham punters get on Brighton trains that will make the already packed trains even more full so people boarding nearer Brighton won't get on. The 3 coaches have limited capacity as it is and as usual Lapdog Perry makes it up as he goes along and the lickers believe his crap

This. The Shoreham special never took me an hour - it quickly filled up and sailed past the later stops!

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I use the buses a lot from Woodingdean and compared to other areas of Brighton our service is awful, if you use the 2 or the 22 they are every twenty minutes peak times and 30 minutes in the evening. But the real problem with the service is when they just drop a bus which happens frequently.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Really unhappy that they price £75 extra for us using H & S buses

If people move to other services will just switch the problems and is likely to end up with more cars/pollution being used for P & R

Why can't you just get a regular route bus into town and then a 25/28/29 to the Amex?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Along with everyone else doing so, BH Buses won't put on any extras so you have all the punters from the specials trying to crowd onto already crowded buses and trains.
I would have thought this was going to be the obvious impact from this and just wait when the people who for the last two years can't get on the buses that got them to the game on time before. Also wait for the outcry when the park and ride queues increase and the waiting time to get back to their cars is also longer.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

exactly..its projections after all

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
as usual Lapdog Perry makes it up as he goes along and the lickers believe his crap[/QUOTE]

wahaay, lap dog's back!!!!!!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Along with everyone else doing so, BH Buses won't put on any extras so you have all the punters from the specials trying to crowd onto already crowded buses and trains.

Would they need to? The service is very well run and there are plenty of buses running on the mentioned routes. The bus lanes on Lewes Road should make those service much more reliable as well.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Would they need to? The service is very well run and there are plenty of buses running on the mentioned routes. The bus lanes on Lewes Road should make those service much more reliable as well.

Is it really, try one of the worst affected by the change, Woodingdean.
We have two bus services which most of South Woodingdean can only use one of them. They both run every 20 minutes and from around 6pm at night, start to reduce to every 30 minutes.
It must have also one of the worst records for buses being cancelled.
Now if you are talking about good service being the number 1, 5, 7, 49 and 50 then I would not argue with you, but you tell any Woodingdean resident after he has stood there waiting for a 2 or 22 in town for nearly forty minutes, because his bus has mysteriously been cancelled and he has stood there watching endless 1, 5 or 7 buses go by empty and some two at a time, tell them we have a well run reliable service they will laugh in your face.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here