Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion players on international duty - October 2023

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Billy came on for a few minutes at the end, that won't have done him any harm. Ansu was an unused sub.

:thumbsup:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Thursday's summary of the inaction:

Billy Gilmour came on as an 87th minute sub as Scotland were beaten 2-0 by Spain in their EURO 2024 qualifier.

Ansu Fati was an unused sub as Spain got revenge on the Scots.

James Beadle was an unused sub as the England U-21s beat Serbia 9-1 (after going behind) in their European Championship qualifier and, by all accounts, played some superb stuff.

Kacper Kozlowski pulled out of the Poland U-21 squad through injury.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
There may (or may not) be more Albion international activity on Friday:-

Lewis Dunk is in the England squad for a friendly at Wembley against Australia.

Evan Ferguson is in the ROI squad as they host Greece in a EURO 2024 qualifier.

Bart Verbruggen is in the Netherlands squad as they host France in a EURO 2024 qualifier.

Both Killian Cahill and Andrew Moran are with the ROI U-21s as they travel to Latvia for a UEFA 2025 U-21 European Championship Group A qualifier.

Yasin Ayari is in the Sweden U-21 squad for a tie at home to Moldova in a UEFA 2025 U-21 European Championship Group C qualifier.

Ed Turns is in the Wales U-21 squad for a tie away in the Czech Republic in a UEFA 2025 U-21 European Championship Group I qualifier.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
As he was in the Wales U-17 squad who were meant to be playing in Israel right now, I'm guessing they have instead held a training camp.
Not sure. I just found it funny that a kid on this esteemed list was due to be playing a school match. I think Adam and Jess Middleton have stopped playing for school this year to focus on their last year in the academy.

What’s going on with Freddie Simmons and Harry Howells? No England call up’s for this break?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
As he was in the Wales U-17 squad who were meant to be playing in Israel right now, I'm guessing they have instead held a training camp.
Possibly been asked/answered somewhere else but is he the son of Adam Brett our hench Head of Medical Services?

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Bart Verbruggen starts for the Netherlands against France.

Evan Ferguson starts for the ROI against Greece.

I notice that there will be a female referee for the England v Australia match: is that the first time a female referee has taken a full (male) England international match?

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Andrew Moran played the whole match as the ROI U-21s beat Latvia 2-1. Killian Cahill was an unused sub.

Sweden U-21s currently lead Moldova 3-0 (near the end). Yasin Ayari has played the whole match and has been booked.

Ed Turns withdrew from the Wales U-21 squad (not sure why).

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Bart Verbruggen starts for the Netherlands against France.

Evan Ferguson starts for the ROI against Greece.

I notice that there will be a female referee for the England v Australia match: is that the first time a female referee has taken a full (male) England international match?
Wow massive game for bruggy

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Another international break rolls around and Albion have had, I believe, 19* players (at full and underage levels) called up for duty.

*This is including the on-loan Ansu Fati, so 18 if you don't count loanees as Albion players.

The full list of the 19 is as follows (senior level unless otherwise indicated):

Ansu Fati (Spain - not in the original squad but a late call-up)
Billy Gilmour (Scotland)
Bart Verbruggen (Netherlands)
Evan Ferguson (ROI)
Kaoru Mitoma (Japan)
Lewis Dunk (England)
Simon Adingra (Ivory Coast)
Pascal Gross (Germany)
Tariq Lamptey (Ghana)
Abdallah Sima (Senegal - not in the original squad but a late replacement for Chelsea's Nicolas Jackson)
Jack Hinshelwood (England U-19)
Mark O'Mahony (ROI U-19)
Adam Brett (Wales U-17)
James Beadle (England U-21)
Kacper Kozlowski (Poland U-21)
Killian Cahill (ROI U-21)
Andrew Moran (ROI U-21)
Yasin Ayari (Sweden U-21)
Ed Turns (Wales U-21)

A couple of these players will not actually be in action - Kaoru Mitoma withdrew from the Japanese squad due to "poor health" and Wales (and Adam Brett) will not be playing their UEFA U-17 European Championship qualifying round group matches that were due to be hosted in Israel (for fairly obvious reasons).

The Albion website contains a list of the players on duty and a handful of those are missing from my list for the following reasons:-
Ruairi McConville - I have it on good authority that he is on standby for the Northern Ireland U-21 squad (and therefore isn't actually in the squad, as such - at least as of now).
Joshua Duffus - I can find no evidence he has been called up for the England U-19 squad so can only presume he might also be on standby.
Imari Samuels - again, I see no evidence he is in the England U-20 squad (or "England Men's Elite League squad" as the FA now call it) so presumably he is on standby.

I'll produce a daily list of Albion players in action so NSC'ers can keep abreast of what's going on.
Thank you, and it's a lovely international spread, with only a double in the ROI U22 👍

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here