Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion players on international duty - October 2023

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Another international break rolls around and Albion have had, I believe, 19* players (at full and underage levels) called up for duty.

*This is including the on-loan Ansu Fati, so 18 if you don't count loanees as Albion players.

The full list of the 19 is as follows (senior level unless otherwise indicated):

Ansu Fati (Spain - not in the original squad but a late call-up)
Billy Gilmour (Scotland)
Bart Verbruggen (Netherlands)
Evan Ferguson (ROI)
Kaoru Mitoma (Japan)
Lewis Dunk (England)
Simon Adingra (Ivory Coast)
Pascal Gross (Germany)
Tariq Lamptey (Ghana)
Abdallah Sima (Senegal - not in the original squad but a late replacement for Chelsea's Nicolas Jackson)
Jack Hinshelwood (England U-19)
Mark O'Mahony (ROI U-19)
Adam Brett (Wales U-17)
James Beadle (England U-21)
Kacper Kozlowski (Poland U-21)
Killian Cahill (ROI U-21)
Andrew Moran (ROI U-21)
Yasin Ayari (Sweden U-21)
Ed Turns (Wales U-21)

A couple of these players will not actually be in action - Kaoru Mitoma withdrew from the Japanese squad due to "poor health" and Wales (and Adam Brett) will not be playing their UEFA U-17 European Championship qualifying round group matches that were due to be hosted in Israel (for fairly obvious reasons).

The Albion website contains a list of the players on duty and a handful of those are missing from my list for the following reasons:-
Ruairi McConville - I have it on good authority that he is on standby for the Northern Ireland U-21 squad (and therefore isn't actually in the squad, as such - at least as of now).
Joshua Duffus - I can find no evidence he has been called up for the England U-19 squad so can only presume he might also be on standby.
Imari Samuels - again, I see no evidence he is in the England U-20 squad (or "England Men's Elite League squad" as the FA now call it) so presumably he is on standby.

I'll produce a daily list of Albion players in action so NSC'ers can keep abreast of what's going on.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The international action gets underway on Wednesday with a couple of Albion youngsters potentially involved.

Jack Hinshelwood will be hoping to get the call for the England U-19 side as they face hosts Montenegro in the first of their three UEFA U-19 European Championship qualifying round group matches. They will then face Wales on Saturday and Austria next Tuesday.

Mark O'Mahony should get the start for the ROI U-19 side as they face Scotland in a friendly at the Pinatar Arena in Spain. The Irish will then face the Faroe Islands at the same venue on Saturday.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
)
Joshua Duffus - I can find no evidence he has been called up for the England U-19 squad so can only presume he might also be on standby.
the fact he is playing at Shoreham tonight suggests you are right.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Mark O'Mahony started for the Republic of Ireland U-19s against Scotland at the Pinatar Arena. The ROI won 2-0 with two second half goals from Crystal Palace's Franco Umeh - not sure yet how long Mark played for.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Wednesday's summary:

Jack Hinshelwood played the whole match for the England U-19s as they battled to a 0-0 draw with hosts Montenegro in their opening UEFA 2024 U-19 European Championship qualifying round group match in Podgorica. On Saturday they face Wales followed by Austria on Tuesday (who also drew 0-0 today).

Mark O'Mahony started for the ROI U-19 side and played 72 minutes as they beat Scotland 2-0 in a friendly at the Pinatar Arena in Spain. During the match he hit the bar and provided both assists for Crystal Palace's Franco Umeh. The Irish face the Faroe Islands in a friendly on Saturday.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
There could be four Albion players in action on Thursday:-

Ansu Fati is in the Spain squad for their EURO 2024 Group A qualifier in Seville against Scotland.

Billy Gilmour is in the Scotland squad as they travel to.......Spain.

Goalkeeper James Beadle is in the England U-21 squad as they host Serbia at the City Ground, Nottingham in a UEFA 2025 U-21 European Championship Group F qualifier.

Kacper Kozlowski is in the Poland U-21 squad as they travel to Slovakia for a friendly.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
James Beadle is on the bench for the England U-21s against Serbia.

Both Ansu Fati and Billy Gilmour are on their respective benches.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here