Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion odds for season

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
An enemy of an enemy of mine said he was in the market diner earlier and Zlatan Ibrahimovic was sitting at the table just across from him. Heard him talking about spunking a weeks wages on Brighton and how gutted he was that Paul McCartney wouldn't be his new neighbour.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
What if it was Tony Bloom (via some proxy for anonymity)? The conclusion would be that he knows something we don't - that he'll be buying the type of quality player that will have us nailed to no.1 spot.

Tony Bloom himself cannot bet on football after the change in rules, I do not think he would be stupid enough to bet on his own club with information that was not available to the public

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
An enemy of an enemy of mine said he was in the market diner earlier and Zlatan Ibrahimovic was sitting at the table just across from him. Heard him talking about spunking a weeks wages on Brighton and how gutted he was that Paul McCartney wouldn't be his new neighbour.

this far more believable than most of this thread........

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Would be a good bet with the quality of the players coming in, I heard we are in for Halford with world class signings of this calibre we will be promoted in March.

Why is it I'm losing confidence before even get any back after the last ordeal? :(

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
What if it was Tony Bloom (via some proxy for anonymity)? The conclusion would be that he knows something we don't - that he'll be buying the type of quality player that will have us nailed to no.1 spot.

I was under the impression that Bloom liked to make money out of gambling, rather than taking a punt on the lottery that is the Championship (that said, one thing we can comfortably say is that it's highly unlikely that B&HA will finish top of it).

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Anyone who bets big time knows that you haven't a chance in hell of getting one of the 'big' UK books to take a bet of that size, assuming the OP is not talking out of his arse. They'd have to look at one of the Asian books, and of course it wouldn't be TB, even by proxy, as a poker player, he plays the odds, too many random factors involved in football, even on a match betting, let alone to win the Championship, which is so unpredictable

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
In the last decade, only one club, Hull City (promoted) has reached the Championship play-offs the following season after flirting with relegation the previous season. They survived one season in the PL and came back down again.

It does not look too promising. 8/1 to reach the play-offs seems about fair at best. 9/4 is what is offered.

http://www.skybet.com/football/sky-bet-championship/event/17739825

Rotherham at 15/2 are the longest odds and they would have been above us if it wasn't for the points deducted.

Who Scored Teams Stats had us at 11th.
http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/25...TeamStatistics/England-Championship-2014-2015

If we can find some goalscorers it might be more promising.

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/25...TeamStatistics/England-Championship-2013-2014

Still reckon we have a sporting chance though.

Last edited:

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
In the last decade, only one club, Hull City (promoted) has reached the Championship play-offs the following season after flirting with relegation the previous season. They survived one season in the PL and came back down again.

It does not look too promising. 8/1 to reach the play-offs seems about fair at best. 9/4 is what is offered.

http://www.skybet.com/football/sky-bet-championship/event/17739825

Rotherham at 15/2 are the longest odds and they would have been above us if it wasn't for the points deducted.

Who Scored Teams Stats had us at 11th.
http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/25...TeamStatistics/England-Championship-2014-2015

If we can find some goalscorers it might be more promising.

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/25...TeamStatistics/England-Championship-2013-2014

Still reckon we have a sporting chance though.

Poor stats, you cannot exclude 'straight ups' in this assessment/calculation

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I'm not saying the opening post is true or not in any sense.

But, £250k is not a 'large' bet in that kind of rarified atmosphere. Of course the odds offered for that stake will be a lot less than what we with our fivers can get publicly.

Oh yes it is, @ 33's a £8m payout is monster & above all High St bookies limits...TB is a player/layer @ £250k your choice/evens bets & above

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Mate of mine works in the odds pricing centre at William Hill and was informed yesterday of a punter wanting to place a bet of £250,000 on BHA to win the league next season. Most that could be taken was £1,000. Could this be an indication of a good summer? Could be someone connected with a bit of dosh. Wonder who? We are priced at 33/1 at Ladbrokes but only now 16/1 at Billy Hills now. Interesting.

Good story, wonder why the bettor hasn't knocked Ladbrokes etc back for a penny yet at their 33's if so keen?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Poor stats, you cannot exclude 'straight ups' in this assessment/calculation

Straight ups nil. NB; that Palace did badly for two seasons and then got promoted by the width of a goal post. I thought they had a spine of a side even back then.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Absolute fake/bull/sham.

Anyone with any experience in high stakes betting would know that on these type of bets, there is a fairly low ceiling on the maximum stake.
So for someone to call up, willy-nilly and proclaim "I want to put £250,000 (a quarter of a MILLION) on BHA to WIN the league - Oh, £1000.00 is the maximum bet?".

Not to mention any bet of any team in the Championship to WIN the league is just ridiculous.

Also, a friend of a colleague heard etc.

Sorry, but no dice.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Absolute fake/bull/sham.

Anyone with any experience in high stakes betting would know that on these type of bets, there is a fairly low ceiling on the maximum stake.
So for someone to call up, willy-nilly and proclaim "I want to put £250,000 (a quarter of a MILLION) on BHA to WIN the league - Oh, £1000.00 is the maximum bet?".

Not to mention any bet of any team in the Championship to WIN the league is just ridiculous.

Also, a friend of a colleague heard etc.

Sorry, but no dice.

So you have absolute no faith or belief in the dream that there is even an outside chance BHA could make automatic promotion, not even to put a few quid were say your heart might lay? It's all about belief both on and off the field, Just one lucky signing of a young lad who goes on to become a sensation in front of goal and everything next season changes. Next time you go to the Amex cast your mind back 10 years or so and if someone was to bet you that the Albion would have a Premier class stadium and some of the best facilities in European football by 2015,well, that would be a ridiculous bet. Wouldn't it? The rest I agree with you.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Straight ups nil. NB; that Palace did badly for two seasons and then got promoted by the width of a goal post. I thought they had a spine of a side even back then.

Norwich, Saints went straight up from below the bottom of the division & we made the play offs....it ain't the big stretch you try and portray

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here