Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion Moment of the Decade

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Walking into the West Lower at 2.50 at the first game at the Amex (didn't even snatch a peek because I wanted the full unbridled effect of seeing the pitch and stands for the first time). Years of heroic struggle to get the thing built - with anticipation being fuelled by the excellent Jack Straw Friday photo-fests. Utterly awesome moment capped off by Buckley's winner. PL promotion ran it close too.

This,sitting in the seat I still sit in now, hearing and singing GOSBTS,very nearly a tearful momen t.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Elliott Bennet's thunder bolt at Walsall to be champions of league 1, knowing we'd start life in our brand new stadium in the Championship.

And celebrating with Gus and the team at Warwick Services on way home!

Dunk&Disorderly

Mar 29, 2019
Brighton
Solly's Millwall free-kick to get to Wembley, Wembley day itself, Andone's solo goal vs Palace and then singing Sweet Caroline with the players on the pitch to celebrate promotion. All of them are contenders for me :albion2:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Solly's Millwall free-kick to get to Wembley, Wembley day itself, Andone's solo goal vs Palace and then singing Sweet Caroline with the players on the pitch to celebrate promotion. All of them are contenders for me :albion2:
Wembley? That was a day off going through the motions we had no chance.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
So many moments but beating Sheff Wed :lol: which was the moment I believed we would get to the premier league after everything that happened against then a few months earlier

Absolutely this.

It was after that game that I truly believed. Best game I’ve ever attended bar none. It was a nasty cold winter night, banging atmosphere and we won after everyone thought we’d blown it.

Pocognoli’s ball for our winner was the stuff of legend and all compounded by Hutchinson losing it and getting sent off just before the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Doncaster / Buckley's winner

Wigan

Sheffield Wednesday - Stockdale's penalty save - the day I 'knew'....

QPR away - the free kick

Knocky's winner at Palace.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Personally it wasn’t the football..although Nicky Forsters last gasp goal, pitch invasion etc..

All of my best moments.relate to mates (some now absent) moments ) of kindness, euphoria, hilarity, humility, brotherhood etc etc.

Getting off the train at Boro before THAT “game” with Tony Bloom,..(he gave some ticketless lads tickets) who had travelled on the dreadful rattler with the rest of us.

Jesus Christ. Too many moments from the ketamine incident at Southend, ten lads squashed into a fiesta hairy encounters at Pompey and camaraderie at Orient.

I’ll go Zamora kissing the badge.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Away at QPR in our promotion winning season. Murray celebrating in front of us after his goal and Pocognoli's free kick. We were holding on at the end but it was after that game I really believed it was going to happen.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ffs cant believe I missed donny going to a family wedding!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Same. Except it wasn't even a family wedding, just friend of my wife's. Will never forgive her.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I’ve done the draw - which has 32 entries. I’ve seeded the most popular 8 recommendations and will put up the groups over the next four days, with a L16, QF, Semi Final and Final on New Years Eve.

The draw threw up some weird quirks with two amazing Withdean games and Vicente being bundled into together.

Some tough groups, I’ll try and attach videos where I can as we go along as Group A

Group A

Wigan at Home
- Premier League Promotion
Vicente Run v Derby
4-0 v Charlton @ The Valley
Vicente Double v Portsmouth 2-0 @ Amex

B

Sheffield Wednesday @ Home 2-1 16/17 - Stockdale Double Penalty Save
4-3 v Dagenham @ Withdean - League One Promotion 2010/11
FA Cup Semi Final v Manchester City 18/19
4-3 v Carlisle @ Withdean - March 2011

C

Walsall Away 3-1 League One Champions
Man United 1-0 @ Home - PL Survival
Last Game at Withdean v Huddersfield
MK Dons Away 15/16 - Last Minute Penalty Miss

D

2-1 v Palace Away 18/19 Knockaert Goal & Win
Man City @ Home - First PL Game
Return of Bobby Zamora to the Amex, First Goals v Bristol City / Leeds / Huddersfield
Sidwell from the Halfway Line 5/11/16

E

3-1 v Palace with 10 Men - Andone & Balogan
Murray v Birmingham 16/17 Last Minute Goal
West Ham Away 3-0 @ The Olympic Stadium
Watford 0 Brighton 3 Potter’s 1st Game

F

Shoreham Airshow Tribute
QPR Away 2-1 16/17
Man City @ Home - First PL Game
Spurs Friendly @ Amex

G

3-0 v Palace St Patrick’s Day Massacre
Sheffield Wednesday 1–1 15/16 Play Offs (1-3 on Aggregate)
Ulloa v Forest - Last Day of the Season
Ulloa 1st AMEX Hattrick v Huddersfield

H

Doncaster @ Home First AMEX Game
West Brom 3-1 @ Home First PL Game
FA Cup QF v Millwall
Brighton 5 Norwich 0 16/17

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here