Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion interested in Ivan Toney

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Jack Taylor is as good as Ivan Toney was, if not better. It was rumoured that Posh smashed the record for a non-league player when they paid £500,000 rising up to £1million last January Now they're saying that Premier League scouts are watching him. A goalscoring midfielder who controls games in the centre.

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
Anyone else feel slightly sick seeing Toney top of the scoring (23 in 28) and assists (9) charts in the championship... 5.6 Million.

Sure no guarantee he can do it in the Prem but...5.6 million!!!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Anyone else feel slightly sick seeing Toney top of the scoring (23 in 28) and assists (9) charts in the championship... 5.6 Million.

Maupay hit 28 in 49.

The premier league is a different level but agree Toney has been impressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Not really, because as we all know the Championship is a different animal.

Brentford will go up this year. They remind me of us if a little bit smaller. Well run, new ground, heartache of just missing out replaced by euphoria of going up the following season while the team who took their rightful spot (Fulham in their case, Middlesbrough in ours) swap places with them. And like us, they won't go down next season either.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Nope.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I would have liked to see The Albion buy him.

Much prefer to see him come off the subs bench when a goal is needed than some we have.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
There is another Toney in the shape of Luke Jephcott playing for Plymouth.
The lad is really young and can't stop scoring, even when other sides try and wipe him out.
A right place at the right time player, easily Championship material, well worth a look at.
Regarding Toney, dont forget that Vardy was snapped up from lower league football, it does not mean they are not good enough.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The two standout abilities of Toney is his brilliant penalty routine (always in one of the four corners) and his ability in the air despite being only 5ft9”.

https://youtu.be/34FmAFb1GDo

Looking at Watkins’ transfer, I suspect we’d be priced out of Toney but he’d surely improve our front line.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ivan Toney next club odds (SkyBet):

Everton – 4/1
Brighton – 6/1
West Ham – 6/1
Leicester – 7/1
Arsenal – 8/1
Tottenham – 9/1
Newcastle – 10/1

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
There is another Toney in the shape of Luke Jephcott playing for Plymouth.
The lad is really young and can't stop scoring, even when other sides try and wipe him out.
A right place at the right time player, easily Championship material, well worth a look at.
Regarding Toney, dont forget that Vardy was snapped up from lower league football, it does not mean they are not good enough.
Good little player

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ivan Toney next club odds (SkyBet):

Everton – 4/1
Brighton – 6/1
West Ham – 6/1
Leicester – 7/1
Arsenal – 8/1
Tottenham – 9/1
Newcastle – 10/1

It’s not inconceivable we get him.

He’s probably not quite good enough for Leicester, Arse, Spurs.

I just wonder if this is the sort of signing we go for anymore. We don’t really like to pay premium and with a potential bidding war I think this will be another Watkins deal, ie, it’s not the transfer fee but the wages that are a problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here