Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion interested in Cardiff Striker Joe Mason

Jimmy Grimble

I don't think you'll be able to sign him on a permanent. Maybe a loan deal. This kid is going places. Quality striker. You wouldn't be able to buy him for less than £6m+ with his potential, and how highly all at the club value him....

Is this similar to one of those posts sarcastic posts you see on here sometimes - when an opposition fan comes on and asks about one of our unwanted players?

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
Whoever we sign lets hope he is half as good as Barnsey, big big mistake could cost us a play-off place

Yawn. Sorry mate. You've been proved wrong. Half as good as Barnesy? Do me a favour. It's only sycophants like you that sucked up to him in the first place. It's embarrassing that you actually think that Ashley Barnes is a good striker. No one actually thinks that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Good as Barnes has been for us he is not going to take us to the next level and if he did he wouldnt survive. We are building a team to be able to hold our own in the Premier when we get there. Will Joe Mason? I am, not sure as I dont know enough about him but I have trust in our scouting and recruitment system now.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Yawn. Sorry mate. You've been proved wrong. Half as good as Barnesy? Do me a favour. It's only sycophants like you that sucked up to him in the first place. It's embarrassing that you actually think that Ashley Barnes is a good striker. No one actually thinks that.

Agree with this. Barnes isn't a natural stiker in my opinion. His overall work rate is decent but infront of goal he is a calamity most of the time! I think the fee off 750k is a bit of a clue to how good he really is.

Works hard but rarely finds the goal at this level unless it's from a penalty kick!

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008

I can assure you that nobody has been "proved wrong". That's the difference between an opinion and a fact you see. And the only thing that's embarrassing is a mug like you with knowledge of the game totalling the square root of sod all, thinking he's jose mourinho. MATE.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton

By all means have your own deluded view on Barnes, but don't try and imply everyone suffers from the same problem. He has a 1/3 goal to game ratio, despite spending most of his time playing as a inside forward who has a lot of tracking back and defending to do.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's embarrassing that you actually think that Ashley Barnes is a good striker. No one actually thinks that.

A quick glance at numerous other threads on this subject reveals that you've just made yourself look like an idiot there.

Or are you one of those who believes that everyone else holds the same view as them in life, and any weirdos who don't are simply wrong?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
would be happy to get mason in.....the rest ain't worth worrying about....almost nailed on that ash will score against us in a few weeks time...put a bet on it...!! :thumbsup: looking forward me..!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

I do and so do around about 20k other bha fans.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I can just see it now. We make the playoffs, play Burnley and go out to a Barnes goal.

Wouldnt you just love to see Ashley up front for Burnley, and Adam El Abd playing for us.
Bollox to the Seagull lottery.....which one would be the first to get a red card and and in what minute?
We could stick two fingers up to FFP if that happened just on lottery ticket sales.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Joe Mason for Ashley Barnes would be a bit of an upgrade I think, he's also a couple of years younger.

Gutted to lose Ash, but Mason would cushion the blow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here