Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion in 2022-23 - Premier League appearances for 9 ex-scholars

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
In this incredible season for the Albion, perhaps one of the most extraordinary statistics is that there have been Premier League appearances for nine - count them, NINE - players who either came up through the youth system as scholars or joined the club at scholar age (I make that distinction because I don't think that Sanchez, Peupion or Buonanotte ever technically signed scholarships with the club, instead joining on full professional terms, although they were registered when they were of scholar age).

What a credit to our youth development system that during the greatest-ever season in our 122-year history we have been able to lean so heavily on home-grown talent.

The nine players concerned:-

Lewis Dunk
Solly March
Robert Sanchez
Evan Ferguson
Facundo Buonanotte
Odel Offiah
Andrew Moran
Cam Peupion
Jack Hinshelwood

Congratulations to young Jack Hinshelwood who, in making his Premier League debut today, not only followed in his father Adam's footsteps in playing for this amazing club in league football, but in fact became the FOURTH generation of his family to play league football following his great-grandfather Wally, Wally's sons Paul and Martin, and Jack's dad Adam (and Adam's cousin Danny).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In this incredible season for the Albion, perhaps one of the most extraordinary statistics is that there have been Premier League appearances for nine - count them, NINE - players who either came up through the youth system as scholars or joined the club at scholar age (I make that distinction because I don't think that Sanchez, Peupion or Buonanotte ever technically signed scholarships with the club, instead joining on full professional terms, although they were registered when they were of scholar age).

What a credit to our youth development system that during the greatest-ever season in our 122-year history we have been able to lean so heavily on home-grown talent.

The nine players concerned:-

Lewis Dunk
Solly March
Robert Sanchez
Evan Ferguson
Facundo Buonanotte
Odel Offiah
Andrew Moran
Cam Peupion
Jack Hinshelwood

Congratulations to young Jack Hinshelwood who, in making his Premier League debut today, not only followed in his father Adam's footsteps in playing for this amazing club in league football, but in fact became the FOURTH generation of his family to play league football following his great-grandfather Wally, Wally's sons Paul and Martin, and Jack's dad Adam (and Adam's cousin Danny).
You have the right attitude. I salute you :salute:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Right, so we used to call Adam 'little Hinsh' on account of his Uncle's long term involvement with the Club... so what do we call Jack? Littler Hinsh? Hinsh the Foetus?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
If you’ve got Buonanotte in there, you have to include Enciso too, no?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
If you’ve got Buonanotte in there, you have to include Enciso too, no?
No, because although they both joined us this season, Enciso is a year group older. At club level the football year runs from September 1 to August 31 - when it comes to player year groups - and Buonanotte is the same group as Evan Ferguson, which is U-18s this season (2022-23). Enciso is a year older, ie an U-19 this season.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Clearly someone will know on here,

Is Jack Hinshelwood the first fourth generation person to play domestic pro football in England?

The aforementioned three generations and now him?

Can't think of any other footballing family.

Last edited:

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Clearly someone will know on here,

Is Jack Hinshelwood the first fourth generation person to play domestic pro football in England?

Great grandad Wally, Grandad Paul, Dad Adam and now him?

Can't think of any other footballing family.
Maybe the Allen family ?

Les Allen
Clive Allen
Oliver Allen

+ Bradley Allen and there maybe more family members I can’t remember?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here