Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion have had ELEVEN individuals move to Chelsea in 13 months

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
On July 19 last year it was reported that Albion U-21 left-back Zak Sturge's rumoured move to Chelsea (despite being offered a professional contract by the Seagulls) was finally official. On August 5 another left-back, Player of the Season Marc Cucurella, was sold to the Blues for the astonishing figure of £55million upfront. Just a few days later it was confirmed that U-15 wonderkid Shumaira Mheuka had decided to jump ship.

The following month, of course, Graham Potter and his cronies (Billy Reid, Bjorn Hamberg, Kyle Macaulay, Bruno and Ben Roberts) found it impossible to resist Boehly's billions (to the tune of £21.5million to Albion). One month later, just a few days before the Albion v Chelsea fixture, it emerged that Brighton had given permission for Paul Winstanley to talk to the Pensioners (news that probably did as much as anything to create the rip-roaring atmosphere for that incredible piece of theatre that was Albion 4 - 1 Chelsea).

And now, Big Bad (attitude) Bob has gone over to the Dark Side for £20million upfront. Eleven people across all levels of the club moving from the Seagulls to the Blues in the space of 13 months.

Has there ever been a larger movement of individuals, for so much money, from one club to another for so little effect (for either club)? :shrug:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Has there ever been a larger movement of individuals, for so much money, from one club to another for so little effect (for either club)? :shrug:

I wouldn't say it's had little effect on Brighton. We're now playing better football and have more money in the bank.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
How is Zak Sturge getting on? I’d heard he was a big loss for us and we had high hopes for him

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
And we’ve upgraded every one as far as I’m aware

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here