Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion have 30 (THIRTY) players on international duty this week

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
So, we have five goalies in international squads ... but not our current first team selection, Bizarre

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
There are many indicators of the degree to which the club has developed over the last couple of decades or so, but I'm struggling to get my head around the fact that Albion have an astonishing 30 (yes, 30) players (across all age groups) on international duty this week.

Even that number doesn't include Samy Chouchane (who scored one goal in five appearances for the Tunisian U-20s at the 2023 Africa U-20 Cup of Nations tournament earlier this month), the injured pair of Jakub Moder and Ruairi McConville (who would have been called up for the Polish senior squad and the Northern Ireland U-19s respectively if they had been fit) and the unfortunate, retired Enock Mwepu who would have been in the Zambian squad and probably captaining the side.

In addition, there are a handful of players who have already been capped this season who are not involved this time around. It all speaks to the amazing recruitment and player development that has been happening at the club now for many a season.

What a time to be an Albion fan.
Thanks for that - and it's great to see you back on here.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Ferguson is starting tomorrow at 7.45 . How can we watch it ? Its on eire I player. Do we download the app and there it is??

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Ferguson is starting tomorrow at 7.45 . How can we watch it ? Its on eire I player. Do we download the app and there it is??
It’s on Viaplay in UK which is part of Virgin Media sports bundle

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
And we are off and running....

Mark O'Mahony started and played 85 minutes as the ROI U-19s lost 2-1 in their first Elite Round group match to Slovakia.
Jack Hinshelwood came on as a sub on 61 minutes as the England U-18s beat hosts Croatia 2-1 in the opening match of a friendly tournament.
Abdallah Sima came on as a half-time sub and scored a penalty (Senegal's 3rd goal) as the Senegalese U-23s beat Mali 3-1 in the first leg of their qualifier for the Africa Cup of Nations U-23 Finals Tournament to be held in Morocco in the summer.
Evan Ferguson started, played 73 minutes and scored a goal for the ROI senior side as they laboured to beat Latvia, placed 133 in FIFA's rankings.
James Beadle started for the England U-19 side and played the whole match as they beat ten-man Hungary 1-0 in their first Elite Round group match.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Onto day two (of seven).

Casper Nilsson makes his Swedish U-21 debut tonight as a starter in a friendly in Spain against Scotland; Yasin Ayari is on the bench:-

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Scotland 1-0 up, Casper Nilsson arguably could have done better in the early stages of their attack.

The Scottish bloke who scored, Dire Mebude, does not live up to his name and looks a fantastic talent.

1-1 now, no clue what happened as I was writing this post...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here