Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion fanzine: Dogma

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Always been a bit wary of the premise of this fanzine. And the one before that. And the one before that. Repeat ad nauseum. Fanzines were a 70's thing. Anything much after that were always going to be a little bit fake, like Desktop Publishing circa 1980 never existed, like you couldn't bring out a super-duper glossy version of your 'fanzine' for much the same price as your retro-scribbles. Does this new magazine that you have to blindly pay for upfront actually give you something new and interesting that you couldn't get off NSC for free? Or is it just a different readership? And is it crammed with glossy full-page ads? Genuinely interested

Last edited:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Not had a proper read of the latest addition which arrived yesterday. As always some excellent stickers and pics included. Loose photograph too of Mitomi goal celebration against I’m not sure who. No glossy pages, no perfect photos, no adverts. Great artwork and interesting independently written articles submitted by the readership. I pay about £10 for three editions and think is well worth it. Infact I pay postage on top of that but it invariably gets hand delivered.

Stumpy Tim

Not had a proper read of the latest addition which arrived yesterday. As always some excellent stickers and pics included. Loose photograph too of Mitomi goal celebration against I’m not sure who. No glossy pages, no perfect photos, no adverts. Great artwork and interesting independently written articles submitted by the readership. I pay about £10 for three editions and think is well worth it. Infact I pay postage on top of that but it invariably gets hand delivered.
Arsenal away in the cup I believe.

Only my second copy and I really like it. Well worth the money

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I understand there is a brilliant set of photos from Qatar. I've heard the photographer is just a highly talented local amateur. Unbelievable. If he had Caceido's agent he'd be working on Vogue or Cosmopolitan by now
Haha! They're all taken with a little pocket camera, I always remember someone telling me that the best camera is the one you've got with you at the time.
DSC07756.JPG

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Perfect timing for the latest edition to drop through the door. Tested positive for covid yesterday, so will give me something to while away the hours. Nice Dunky sticker to put on my Surface Pro as well 🤣

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Perfect timing for the latest edition to drop through the door. Tested positive for covid yesterday, so will give me something to while away the hours. Nice Dunky sticker to put on my Surface Pro as well 🤣
Get well soon!

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Always been a bit wary of the premise of this fanzine. And the one before that. And the one before that. Repeat ad nauseum. Fanzines were a 70's thing. Anything much after that were always going to be a little bit fake, like Desktop Publishing circa 1980 never existed, like you couldn't bring out a super-duper glossy version of your 'fanzine' for much the same price as your retro-scribbles. Does this new magazine that you have to blindly pay for upfront actually give you something new and interesting that you couldn't get off NSC for free? Or is it just a different readership? And is it crammed with glossy full-page ads? Genuinely interested
Without Gulls Eye, the club may have disappeared.

Scars and Stripes helped to galvanise the support when things were shite.

Dogma celebrates Albion and Brighton culture and is a fantastic publication produced by intelligent, decent people.

Fanzines still serve a purpose.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Yup, good read, just reading about RDZ disagreeing with some of his Ukranian counterparts, when managing Shakhtar, on the touch line!! Well I never!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’d like to buy my dad a sub for his birthday - is the one just gone the last one? So there’s 3 per season and I’ll need to start from 23/24 if I’ve read it correctly?

Edit - prob read it wrong - is this new one issue 10?

Subscribe (or re-subscribe!) to recieve three issues across the 23/24 season, delivered direct to your doormat.

60 page printed fanzine documenting and celebrating our club, city and Albion fan culture. As well as stickers, postcards, or anything else we can dream up and fit in an envelope.

• Issue 10 - Summer/Autumn
  • Issue 11 - Winter
  • Issue 12 - Spring

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
What sort of stuff are the articles about? Interviews? Match reports? Club news?
Off the top of my head there's an interview with one of the guys from the FAB in this month, a big feature on AITC, a nice story from Chailey Jem, a Ukraine reporter about De Zerbi, and an NSK debate about Safe Standing.

It's really good to read interesting content from a range of fans, written from the heart and without the spin/PR of the stuff that comes out of the club

Kitcatt

Apr 7, 2017
Just been reading my copy this afternoon and as ever some excellent articles. The one about safe standing stood out. It cites the German model where safe standing is like the old days. You turn up early and get your spot. Not the bollox safe standing that was the experience of both Spurs and Chelsea away (ie a rail in front of a designated seat). Call me naive but I had no idea that safe standing could be go where you like as long as you turn up early enough. (That bit of info was missing from the club survey). I agree with whoever wrote the article under the moniker of NSK (I presume it wasn’t all of them) that it would be a game changer for atmosphere, and hopefully the North would be more united to lead the rest of us (for what it’s worth i am in WSU and have no interest in standing for home games) to create a better stadium wide atmosphere.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
It’s not just about the articles which are a great read, it’s the whole package. It couldn’t be more divorce to the Albion produced match programme and for that it needs to be applauded. Great photos, stickers and prints, quality paper, need I go on. Get you subscription in. Works out at less then £3.50 per edition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here