Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion fans ...................

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
How about fans who live a fair distance from the Amex, who struggle to get home from evening games if they don't get on a bus/train very promptly?

"Struggle to get home " so if they dont leave 5 min early they wont get home ? great work mate ....it all makes sense now!
i appreciate fans travel long distances ...... that still doesnt explain why you would leave 5min early ? sooooo travel say 100 miles which shows massive dedication ....then leave 5 min early to get back ? yeah alright then >

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Its never really bothered me that some leave early as it's entirely down to the individual what time they either get to the game or leave, but what does annoy me is some will get up to go with about 5-10 mins of play left and stand in the aisle watching a bit of the game and blocking my view. If you're gonna leave early that's fine by me but please try to have a bit of consideration for those that are still seated and staying till the end.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
"Struggle to get home " so if they dont leave 5 min early they wont get home ? great work mate ....it all makes sense now!
i appreciate fans travel long distances ...... that still doesnt explain why you would leave 5min early ? sooooo travel say 100 miles which shows massive dedication ....then leave 5 min early to get back ? yeah alright then >

If I leave 5 minutes early I'm home around 5:30. If I leave on the final whistle it can add almost an hour. Normally I wait till the end but sometimes, just sometimes, I would prefer an extra hour at home rather than queuing to get out of the Bridge Car park or driving at 1mph up Coldean Lane. As I pay my money to the club surely thats my decision not yours.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
Its never really bothered me that some leave early as it's entirely down to the individual what time they either get to the game or leave, but what does annoy me is some will get up to go with about 5-10 mins of play left and stand in the aisle watching a bit of the game and blocking my view. If you're gonna leave early that's fine by me but please try to have a bit of consideration for those that are still seated and staying till the end.
this is a succint post on what i was getting at !

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

Those 5 minutes can make all the difference. There is someone along from me in the North Stand who needs to be on the train from Brighton to London at 22:15 in order to catch the final connecting train home. Leaving 5 minutes early, and thus being towards the front of the train queue, makes a HUGE difference to him. I would guess that he is not the only person in this situation.

I agree with the other point, though. If people are going to leave then they shouldn't pause when they are standing in front of someone else.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
Those 5 minutes can make all the difference. There is someone along from me in the North Stand who needs to be on the train from Brighton to London at 22:15 in order to catch the final connecting train home. Leaving 5 minutes early, and thus being towards the front of the train queue, makes a HUGE difference to him. I would guess that he is not the only person in this situation.

I agree with the other point, though. If people are going to leave then they shouldn't pause when they are standing in front of someone else.
fairs :bhasign::bhasign:

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Why do you not request a move to the front and right in the middle of the row, then nobody will disturb you. I take the positive from it and that I can stand up without hassle from stewards. People get up throughout the game, normally starts about 35 mins into the game when the pie run starts and goes right through to half time. Then you get people late back from getting pies for the first 10 mins of second half. But like I said any excuse to stand up will do me. Oh and some times I leave early, but at least I am on the end of the row, nobody needs to stand for me.

Don't worry about it MP.

Just have a chuckle at all those tw@ts that leave early and miss game changing goals/saves in the last minutes.

Southstandfaithful

Oct 22, 2010
H Heath
Same thing happens at half time to be fair..... people leave early for a pie or a pint or get back late and can often stop and watch any exciting passage of play right it front of you........ a polite bog off usually shifts them!

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I left 5 minutes early on Saturday. For the first time ever in years and years of attending Brighton games. I had something I simply had to attend that was, quite frankly, more important. I won't be making a habit of it, and hope I go another seventeen years before having to leave early.

Do you have a problem with that?

JCL!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
that leave 5-10 minutes before the final whistle ....................get out of the f***ing way im trying to watch the game.:bhasign::bhasign:

Perhaps you would let people know where your seat is.
At least then anybody that has to leave early and might be in your line of vision, can go to the other end of their row, so as not to upset Mr Angry.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
To Patcham Mick
Anger management classes are being held at shoreham community centre on Friday mornings but if you do go along try not to get aggressive with anyone that wants to leave early it would end up defeating the object of you going

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I know we have done this to death but..

Exactly how chilled you are on the subject, probably has some reflection on where you sit in the ground. People leaving early from WSL and ESL cross the sight lines to the pitch of whole blocks of people when they leave. Elsewhere it is probably less of an inconvenience, other than for folks having to stand in a particular row.

Leaving early is not really the problem though. It is perfectly possible to leave during a break in play, without annoying anyone. Conversely it is not practical to yell *%$£ Off across the family stand, when some goon has decided to leave early and has then turned around halfway up the aisle to see what the crowd is getting excited about.

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
I don't suppose anyone wants to leave early, but can understand the need to get away ahead of the main rush. It's lovely to it be in a rush and have a post match beer etc but that is the natured a 25k crowd. Agree that standing in people's way is not fair though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here