Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion fans going out to Brazil?

Eurobound

Brazil 2014- here we come
Nov 3, 2003
I'll be there for the group stages. Tickets for Holland v Spain, Argentina v Bosnia, Brazil v Cameroon and England v Uruguay. Good times.
Yep- Rio bound for me. 2 weeks there- didnt fancy travelling around, just would like to be there when it happens
Got all tickets in Rio up to and including last 16 game, so heres hoping England finish second
Got the Argentina v Bosnia game too, but dont get to Rio till about 5 pm, and with the game kicking off at 7pm may be a bit tight for me to make it (But if i could meet up with someone who knows the way around???)

Be great to meet up with Albion fans

And yeah- had all the scaremongering. Taxi's. police strikes and all that...... but hey....... Its Copacabana beach..... and World cup football in Brazil. :)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Agree, cant believe that anyone would go to Brazil for the following reasons
1.High amount of crime, murder is a common event.
2.Travelling from hotels to matches will take hours due to heavy road delays
3.Weather can be very hot and wet
4.Very nasty sickness can be caught from mosquito bites
5. Our team not likely to get through the first round,young players will gain some useful experience for the next World cup

Let me guess, you're one of these people that goes on holiday to the Costa del sol every year?

Brazil is a fabulous country. There is so much to see and do, anyone going will have the trip of a lifetime. Amazing place.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Biggest tip for Brazil would be to make sure you visit the Pantanal. I thought it was much better than the Amazon, much less touristy and you see much more wildlife. And there's a town called Bonito nearby where you can do loads of amazing stuff like canyoning and river snorkelling through crystal clear flowing water, it is amazing.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Enjoy it and good luck. Any tips for booking a trip to the Galapagos in 2015 (no football involved but websites etc) much appreciated.

You get what you pay for. There isn't that much you can control because you're in a boat the whole time, but get on the smallest boat possible, and lay for the best guide you can afford, because it makes a big difference. Unbelievable place.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Will be a brilliant trip, very envious on this one! Been to three World Cups, but Brazil will be special. Look forward to reading Mr Blobby's always excellent travelogue as and when, sounds like you've done very well to get that time over there for that cost.

Nextdoor neighbour works for BA and will be there. He often goes to see England (you probably know him, Chris the Geordie). He has the added benefit of paying sod all for his flights and hotels, the lucky swine.

Couldn't be this year, but will get to South America at some point. In the meantime might have to be a 'mid-life crisis comeback tour' in France 2016 for the Euros...

Jan 30, 2008
He can't even be arsed to go the Albion but feels quite comfortable coming on here to pass judgement, so you don't seriously expect him to be any different when it comes to Brazil, do you?

Have a great trip, Mark & others: I for one am hugely jealous & look forward to reading about it.
:thumbsup:
i'm not passing judgement at all ,if you can afford it all well and good, my point being IT'S WAY OUT OF MOST PEOPLES PRICE BRACKET, also some have mentioned cheaper world cup and euros nearer to home but all i hear of is inflated ticket pricing. anyway i'll be in Greece watching it :cheers:
regards
DR

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I'll be there for the group stages. Tickets for Holland v Spain, Argentina v Bosnia, Brazil v Cameroon and England v Uruguay. Good times.

Blimey- that is a crackin set of matched you have there. Very jealous. Enjoy.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
i'm not passing judgement at all ,if you can afford it all well and good, my point being IT'S WAY OUT OF MOST PEOPLES PRICE BRACKET,

I disagree, just people choose to spend their money on different things. All of our group are just normal fellas, with alright/half decent jobs, but nothing that exciting, and in the build up to a tournament we do need to make choices. Whether that is less holiday with family/friends, cutting back on certain things like going out down the pub etc.

I spent about £2500 for 8 days for South Africa, about £1000 for 8 days in Ukraine, £400 for 5 days in Germany, and Brazil would have been about £3000 or so for 8 days. When you have 2-4 years to save up for these things, it can be quite easy to do, if you choose to make it a priority.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
A strange thread in parts! How about I hope all those attending (even Churley1) have a fantastic time and all those that wouldn't go if you paid them enjoy watching on the telly thinking just how much they would hate to have gone. And those that would go if they could, also enjoy watching on the box without being too jealous that they couldn't go.

I have done one World Cup trip (France 98) and think in retrospect that was probably enough for me but each to their own ffs.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
5. Our team not likely to get through the first round,young players will gain some useful experience for the next World cup

As the song goes 'Always look on the bright side of life' :

1. Not as rife as in South Africa and look what happened there , nothing !
2. Enjoy the trip and the scenery and mix with the locals , have a good laugh !
3. Women can be very hot and wet !
4. Very rare , live and let live !
5. We will do quite well and will support England until we win the cup or get knocked out , but in the meantime we will have a bl--dy good time !

But each to their own I guess !

crabface

Mar 24, 2012

You win the award for most boring person of the year. Live a little.

Jealous that im not going out to Brazil, you're schedule sounds awesome Mark.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Thing about the US based supporters is that the majority support teams other than the USA. In SA for example, the US sold over 90000 tickets. I went to some of their games and there were between 5-6000 actual US fans at the game. A lot of S American fans live here and so buy their tickets through here, England also. Since I moved here I have also been a lot more successful with the FIFA ticket lottery, gaining as many tickets as I wanted in the first ballot. There seems to be some sort of unofficial bias for selling tickets to US based fans.

aliakbanrafsanjali

Dec 29, 2012
Good luck to all you Brazil bound football fans! Very envious! Will be watching and cheering on Roy's boys from my 2nd favourite place to watch football, my patio! Have fun and I look forward to reading all about it on NSC

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I wonder if anyone going could flog my Uruguay flag while they're out there... *quietlygatheringdust* Must be a decent chance of a reasonable price before the England game. Even if it was a drunk bloke from Birmingham.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012

Just because your breathing doesn't mean your alive.

3 of us heading over for 10 days. Only have tickets for Holland v Spain but going to the fan fest for the opener and England v Italy.
Hotels and flights cost roughly £1800 each, which isn't cheap but not outrageous. We booked everything ourselves and managed to keep the costs down.
Always find the first 10 days of the big tournaments are the best with no pressure on and everyone out to have a good time. I intend to share a beer with as many nationalities as I can who are prepared to listen to the drunken reflections of life in Sussex

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just because your breathing doesn't mean your alive.

3 of us heading over for 10 days. Only have tickets for Holland v Spain but going to the fan fest for the opener and England v Italy.
Hotels and flights cost roughly £1800 each, which isn't cheap but not outrageous. We booked everything ourselves and managed to keep the costs down.
Always find the first 10 days of the big tournaments are the best with no pressure on and everyone out to have a good time. I intend to share a beer with as many nationalities as I can who are prepared to listen to the drunken reflections of life in Sussex

Too right. As someone has already pointed out, the poster complaining about crime etc is probably one of those people who goes to Benidorm every year, where there's "none of that foreign crap". I'm sure the doom-mongers were out in force before the South Africa World Cup (and the Beijing Olympics, oh, and the Athens Olympics, they'll probably never be finished in time and it'll be too hot etc).

It's arguably the most passionate footballing nation on earth, why wouldn't anyone want to be there even just to soak up the atmosphere? I'd love to go and just stay in Rio for a week or so, I know I wouldn't get match tickets, but even so, the place is going to be alive. What better place to experience a World Cup? Have an awesome time, and please, tell us all about it when you get back :thumbsup:

Jan 30, 2008
I disagree, just people choose to spend their money on different things. All of our group are just normal fellas, with alright/half decent jobs, but nothing that exciting, and in the build up to a tournament we do need to make choices. Whether that is less holiday with family/friends, cutting back on certain things like going out down the pub etc.

I spent about £2500 for 8 days for South Africa, about £1000 for 8 days in Ukraine, £400 for 5 days in Germany, and Brazil would have been about £3000 or so for 8 days. When you have 2-4 years to save up for these things, it can be quite easy to do, if you choose to make it a priority.
i'm not going to argue on that one Springal
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here