Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion fans going out to Brazil?

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
I'll be there for the group stages. Tickets for Holland v Spain, Argentina v Bosnia, Brazil v Cameroon and England v Uruguay. Good times.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Heading down from Leticia, Colombia to Manaus by boat, a 3 day duration down the River Amazon which is going to be some experience.

Got my ticket for the England vs Italy game before heading to Rio for 5 nights, it's going to be one helluva trip!

I might be Palace, but seeing some Brighton fans would be pretty amusing.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
safe and happy travels to all the lucky buggers are going , hope woy and the boys give you something to cheer about......football aside i will be the trip of a lifetime.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Have a good'un mate. I'm...well you know.....gutted doesn't describe it.

It's not though is it?? It's a once every four year trip sandwiched between-ed a belly load of beer all over Europe. Ask Mr Blobby where he has been following (a poor excuse of a football team) England and he'll "bore" the arse off you....mainly because quite a few of those trips I've been there to point at things. Following England for anyone that hasn't done it on a regular basis is an interesting experience and something I wouldn't put anyone off doing but be warned it can be a challenge

Sad post.

Brazil WILL be the greatest World Cup in our lifetime and provide the strongest memories to those that go.

Have a great trip M et al, I can't imagine how excited you all must be, 'soak' it all up and you never know what might happen....

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I can't go but remember what a sense of pride I had and how reassuring it was in Marseilles for France 98 when my son and I turned up at the holding pen and the first flag I saw was one of ours.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
total load of bollocks , how's your average punter going to afford that!! .............oh hold on they're a thing of the past that's been swept away under the carpet :nono:
regards
DR

When had your average punter ever been able to afford to go to Brazil for a month?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Travelling abroad to WCs and Euros has never been cheap, though.

Disagree.

Did euros in 1980, World Cup in 82 and Italia 90 without using a travel agent and in those days it could certainly be done without breaking the bank.

Mexico 86 a bricklayer friend of mine met a Mexican girl and became an English teacher out there. Never came home!

These days it's all far too sanitised for me, club England etc.

Good luck to those making the trip this summer.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Salvador, Natal and Sao Paulo for me, week in one of Brazil's most interesting cities, then a week on the beach. Kicks off with Holland v Spain, Germany v Portugal, Japan v Greece and Holland v Chile.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Disagree.

Did euros in 1980, World Cup in 82 and Italia 90 without using a travel agent and in those days it could certainly be done without breaking the bank.

Mexico 86 a bricklayer friend of mine met a Mexican girl and became an English teacher out there. Never came home!

These days it's all far too sanitised for me, club England etc.

Good luck to those making the trip this summer.

We have booked our trip totally independent of travel agents, official travel etc, all via the internet, and basically spending a lot of time finding good deals. Every world cup is a fantastic event, getting to see large parts of the country is what it is all about for me, the football being a common bond making it even better. I have done Italy 1990, France 1998, Japan 2002, Germany 2006 and South Africa 2010. For me its not just the football, its the experience. The trip to South Africa was just as good after England got knocked out. Anyway I will be enjoying my boring time in the Amazon jungle, and dull Rio where nobody loves football. NSC is such a negative place these days I don't think I will bother any more. I for one will be enjoying the summer, some of you lot will be looking out for things to moan about! Anyway I am back out to the sun in the garden or is it too hot for some of you! Anyway let me know when we can meet up and boo the new manager, and get on his back if we look to be making the play offs.

Anyway Brighton and England til I die from somebody who looks forward to life and football!

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
We have booked our trip totally independent of travel agents, official travel etc, all via the internet, and basically spending a lot of time finding good deals. Every world cup is a fantastic event, getting to see large parts of the country is what it is all about for me, the football being a common bond making it even better. I have done Italy 1990, France 1998, Japan 2002, Germany 2006 and South Africa 2010. For me its not just the football, its the experience. The trip to South Africa was just as good after England got knocked out. Anyway I will be enjoying my boring time in the Amazon jungle, and dull Rio where nobody loves football. NSC is such a negative place these days I don't think I will bother any more. I for one will be enjoying the summer, some of you lot will be looking out for things to moan about! Anyway I am back out to the sun in the garden or is it too hot for some of you! Anyway let me know when we can meet up and boo the new manager, and get on his back if we look to be making the play offs.

Anyway Brighton and England til I die from somebody who looks forward to life and football![/QUOT

apart from the accomodation Italia 90 was the best footy experience for me... enjoy Brazil !

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Anyway Brighton and England til I die from somebody who looks forward to life and football!

Sorry if you thought my post was negative, it certainly wasn't meant to be. I hope you have a fantastic time, I'm sure you will, and I am very envious of all those England fans making the trip. I was just reflecting on how watching England away has changed over the years.

I always read your blogs after your trips away with England and find them an excellent read. You've certainly seen and been to some interesting places.

It sounds like you've done your homework again for your trip, and will end up spending less than half those travelling on the organised trips will, and see twice as much.

The last tournament I did was the Euros in 2000, and to be honest, it was all a little staid and sanitised, but it guess that's modern football in general.

Anyway, have a great time!

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Mr Blobby;6356078) The trip to South Africa was just as good after England got knocked out.[/QUOTE said:
I have to agree with that comment

After we lost to the Germans went to Le Sotho and had the best few days of the whole trip,where among other things we ended up playing football and drinking large bottles of beer which cost about 30p in a hut with the Mountain Police.There was us mostly 40 something's playing on the bumpiest pitch I've ever played on against an organised team of fit Africans.They had a juke box and the only English music was Westlife and because one of the lads put it on when we 1st got there we had 5 days of listening to Them.Just writing about Le Sotho brings a smile to my face and whenever I hear Westlife takes me back to the Triple S bar,Le Sotho.We then headed to Pilansberg which was a fantasia experience one I will never forget.

Thats what these trips are about,South Africa was my 1st World Cup and loved being part of it as well as seeing the country.Some of the stop of points between the games in the middle of nowhere we're superb.People say don't understand why you follow England there shit,but it's the things you do and see on these trips that give you so many memories.I've only been going since 09 and could talk about my trips all day

4 weeks tomorrow I go to Brazil......can't wait

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Wouldn't worry mate most people are just jealous.....

I for one cannot wait for the trip. Not so fussed about England; by the time I'm out there they will be knocked out. Just looking forward to the vibe and atmosphere. The final is gonna be something else and I hope brazil reach it!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here