Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Fan arrested for racist chanting.

Seagullroyal

Dec 31, 2014
Bloke near us in the west lower was spoken to by a steward, for using the word.........

Dick

What's the name of our bar?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Club Statement

In response to media reports concerning two arrests at yesterday's match v Birmingham City.

Brighton & Hove Albion can confirm two arrests were made at yesterday's match against Birmingham City: one on suspicion of use of racist language, in relation to an historic offence; and one for throwing a smoke bomb onto the pitch from the away end.

The arrest on suspicion of use of racist language was made after a complaint and subsequent statement was made to the club on Saturday morning that racist language was used prior to a previous home match, by an individual watching a televised match in the stadium concourse.

The suspect was identified by the club's CCTV staff and stewards, before being ejected from the stadium and handed over to Sussex Police.

The club has a zero tolerance approach on all forms of discrimination and fans found guilty of such offences at home matches, away matches, when travelling to and from our fixtures or any club event, can expect a lengthy or indefinite ban from all Albion fixtures.

Chief executive Paul Barber commented, "We pride ourselves on welcoming everyone at Brighton & Hove Albion and we simply will not tolerate any kind of xenophobic behaviour. We expect our fans to to conduct themselves in a manner befitting to our club - and I am pleased that the vast majority are a credit to us.

"I applaud the supporter who came forward to report the incident, and would encourage any fan witnessing this type of behaviour to do likewise. Supporters can rest assured their information will be treated with the utmost discretion, that we will fully investigate all complaints of this nature and we will act accordingly.

"I also applaud our safety and stewarding team for the swift actions, following yesterday's complaint, in identifying the suspected individual; they will continue to assist Sussex Police in their investigation."

Meanwhile, Barber has also praised the club's safety and stewarding team, St John's Ambulance and SECAMB medics, and club crowd doctor Rob Galloway, after their actions saved the life of a 73-year-old supporter, who had suffered a cardiac arrest after complaining of chest pains at the match.

Stewards and medical staff used defibrillators and CPR to revive the patient after he his heart stopped for 15 minutes - and he was eventually transferred to Brighton Hospital.

He added, "There is no doubt that the actions of the club stewards, St John's Ambulance and SECAMB staff and our crowd doctor Rob Galloway saved the life of the gentleman in question.

"It is not the first time, Rob and his team have saved the life of a supporter at the stadium. The professionalism of the safety and medical staff and their record of saving lives is astonishing."

So it looks like the bloke who was nicked getting on the 5.38 was subsequently let go, making it the only pointless act of the whole of yesterday.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't know why you're posting that , you're incorrect.

Edit. I have googled, if Google is correct then you are correct and I am wrong. Please accept my apology.
I'll take that too, thanks.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
An hotel, an hospital.

Only acceptable on NSC if writing phonetically and the poster drops all their aitches :lol: Similar to using "of" instead of "have" and "loose" instead of "lose".

Jan 30, 2008
****ing typical NSC, this. Some tosser shames the club and himself by racially abusing someone, like a hooligan, in 2015(!), in the most liberal City of one of the most liberal countries in the world, with a fair and just democratic system and a police service which - for the most part - puts up with all kinds of bollocks from pissed up idiots going to football matches.

And some absolute bellend complains that the police then arrest him promptly.

I hate you
GET A GRIP YOU SOUND LIKE A BIG GIRLS BLOUSE
regards
DR

el punal

Let us not forget the geniuses at the met who accused us of chanting "Seig Heil" through a Millwall game forgetting our nickname is "Seagulls"

I for one would have loved it if the Nuremburg rallies had echoed to "Seeeeiggg-Heiiil" sung in the same way as we chant "seaaaa-Gulllssss" Hitler would have been far less sinister had the nazis adopted that cadence.
Are you sure about that? I thought it was reported by a left wing "journalist" trying to get a reaction to what he considered was right wing, national front-ish football yobbery. He was soon corrected and suitably humiliated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here