Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Fan arrested for racist chanting.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
I assumed the smoke bomb came from the away end but if they arrested someone in the East Stand then it would suggest the OB had evidence to the contrary.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
So you remember the correct game AND (used to) fit (one of) the eye witness descriptions. Plenty good enough for a conviction. Members of the jury, what more evidence do you need?

But I was at the other end of the ground your honour, not hard enough for the South Stand you see!

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
I thought that the smoke bomb was thrown just as the penalty was being taken by B'ham supporters thinking that they would easily score. As the ref blew for half-time 2 stewards came on with sand buckets and put it out.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I thought that the smoke bomb was thrown just as the penalty was being taken by B'ham supporters thinking that they would easily score. As the ref blew for half-time 2 stewards came on with sand buckets and put it out.
No it was thrown before the pen was taken just after the pen was awarded in fact, it landed just to the east of the goal, if it was thrown from any of the home ends, that would have been a throw of Olympic proportions.......

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The last accusation of racist chanting at a Brighton game was made by a tv viewer, who misheard the chant "sea sea sea siders" as "sheep sheep sheep shagger", when Craig Bellamy had the ball.
I hope this is a similar error.

Let us not forget the geniuses at the met who accused us of chanting "Seig Heil" through a Millwall game forgetting our nickname is "Seagulls"

I for one would have loved it if the Nuremburg rallies had echoed to "Seeeeiggg-Heiiil" sung in the same way as we chant "seaaaa-Gulllssss" Hitler would have been far less sinister had the nazis adopted that cadence.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Let us not forget the geniuses at the met who accused us of chanting "Seig Heil" through a Millwall game forgetting our nickname is "Seagulls"

I for one would have loved it if the Nuremburg rallies had echoed to "Seeeeiggg-Heiiil" sung in the same way as we chant "seaaaa-Gulllssss" Hitler would have been far less sinister had the nazis adopted that cadence.

Let's not forget that was a tabloid journalist who went in the Millwall end looking for a story.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Club Statement

In response to media reports concerning two arrests at yesterday's match v Birmingham City.

Brighton & Hove Albion can confirm two arrests were made at yesterday's match against Birmingham City: one on suspicion of use of racist language, in relation to an historic offence; and one for throwing a smoke bomb onto the pitch from the away end.

The arrest on suspicion of use of racist language was made after a complaint and subsequent statement was made to the club on Saturday morning that racist language was used prior to a previous home match, by an individual watching a televised match in the stadium concourse.

The suspect was identified by the club's CCTV staff and stewards, before being ejected from the stadium and handed over to Sussex Police.

The club has a zero tolerance approach on all forms of discrimination and fans found guilty of such offences at home matches, away matches, when travelling to and from our fixtures or any club event, can expect a lengthy or indefinite ban from all Albion fixtures.

Chief executive Paul Barber commented, "We pride ourselves on welcoming everyone at Brighton & Hove Albion and we simply will not tolerate any kind of xenophobic behaviour. We expect our fans to to conduct themselves in a manner befitting to our club - and I am pleased that the vast majority are a credit to us.

"I applaud the supporter who came forward to report the incident, and would encourage any fan witnessing this type of behaviour to do likewise. Supporters can rest assured their information will be treated with the utmost discretion, that we will fully investigate all complaints of this nature and we will act accordingly.

"I also applaud our safety and stewarding team for the swift actions, following yesterday's complaint, in identifying the suspected individual; they will continue to assist Sussex Police in their investigation."

Meanwhile, Barber has also praised the club's safety and stewarding team, St John's Ambulance and SECAMB medics, and club crowd doctor Rob Galloway, after their actions saved the life of a 73-year-old supporter, who had suffered a cardiac arrest after complaining of chest pains at the match.

Stewards and medical staff used defibrillators and CPR to revive the patient after he his heart stopped for 15 minutes - and he was eventually transferred to Brighton Hospital.

He added, "There is no doubt that the actions of the club stewards, St John's Ambulance and SECAMB staff and our crowd doctor Rob Galloway saved the life of the gentleman in question.

"It is not the first time, Rob and his team have saved the life of a supporter at the stadium. The professionalism of the safety and medical staff and their record of saving lives is astonishing."

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Meanwhile, in other racism news :lol:

[tweet]569448353794265089[/tweet]

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Let's not forget that was a tabloid journalist who went in the Millwall end looking for a story.

Let us not forget that once said journalist had made this ludicrous "story" that the geniuses at the met began an invsestigation rather than just telling him he was a total bellend.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
No it was thrown before the pen was taken just after the pen was awarded in fact, it landed just to the east of the goal, if it was thrown from any of the home ends, that would have been a throw of Olympic proportions.......
That is just how I described it.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
A dark Blue flare thrown from the Birmingham supporters area of the South Stand ?
Yeah must be an Albion fan, probably some vicious old lady with a deep seated hatred of all things Brummie.
FFS

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
You also said "Still serves the twats right for throwing a smoke bomb to celebrate a penalty save."

It's this last paragraph that makes no sense even with your clarification.
Ok, serves them right for throwing on a smoke bomb to celebrate a penalty, that they assumed they would score from, which was subsequently saved. So back firing and resulting in them celebrating a penalty save.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here