Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Albion dressing room would be supportive of gay player"

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You get very angry, very early in the day don't you petal.

Why you being such a ****? I’m not angry at all. depressed yes. Your highly intelligent remark doing nothing to reverse that.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
<bilge>

Same sanctimonious and antagonists posters at it all the time.

mirror-180.jpg

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Why you being such a ****? I’m not angry at all. depressed yes. Your highly intelligent remark doing nothing to reverse that.

Sorry to hear your depressed. Wishing Covid on people isn't the best way to reach out for help though.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
What a load of old shyte.
I remember those days: racism rife and accepted in the stands, same for homophobia, violence between fans commonplace, yeah, remember when it just used to be about sport eh??

What a pile of old shit. NSC wasn’t racist back in the day. Nor was racism as common as you make out at grounds. I never heard any such remarks at Withdean for example amongst those surrounding me. So how far back are you saying it was ‘rife’? Why does everything on this website have to be about it? Why not football?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sorry to hear your depressed. Wishing Covid on people isn't the best way to reach out for help though.

That was clearly tongue in cheek, petal.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Just tired of everything on this website and in general being about such things. I think it’s dividing us more than ever. It never used to cross my mind, now I think our social engineering has more in common with the 1920s and 30s than many would care to think. Probably Time for a break and let the usual suspects do what they do. It’ll be the same lot politically point scoring in 1 months time, 3 months time, 12 months time etc. :albion2:

you are extremely tedious, why don't you post about other stuff on different threads? it's not difficult, is it

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
More virtuous signalling from the most virtuous signalling sport of them all: football. Let’s constantly talk about anything other than football, let’s link everything back to gender, sexual orientation, colour, race, religion and politics. When did football become so narcissistic as to tell everyone what to do and think. Remember the days when it used to be about sport?

If NSC was just about sport I strongly suspect that there's many on here who wouldn't give it the time of day. I certainly wouldn't. Would just leave it to the bennies. To me the greatest compliment NSC ever got paid was from a fan of some shit northern club who said something along the lines of 'eh oop, they'll talk about anything other than football on there!'. Long may it remain so. Maybe even [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] will stick around when his longtime man-crush has pottered off to another project :lol:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
He must have been about the last to know, bless him :lol:

There was a really funny story my Dad told me about Stanley Baxter from the 60s

He had delivered cement to either his home or a friend's home when it was being built.

Because of that he and my Mum had got an invite to a Party at their home and during the the party someone got drunk and called Stanley Baxter a " freak ".

And always one for having really quick one liner responses he came back at him with. " I'm not a freak. I'm just a big Tranny "

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Blimey you’ve gone off on a right one there. But it doesn’t does it? And NSC certainly doesn’t. Why can’t we have a chat site that isn’t obsessed with morale superiority point scoring and just talks about ‘the football’ without everything having to become about such issues day in day out. Same sanctimonious and antagonists posters at it all the time.

Sadly football and racism are intrinsically linked something that you should be aware... if someone was using football to push a green agenda then you might have a point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Its only divisive to the thick, hard of thinking or homophobes. To everyone else its not even vaguely controversial.

Ironically that’s exactly why problems never go away. If you take morale superiority on any side and are simply dismissive and patronising, you’re unable to understand other perspectives and just entrench matters. Even someones who’s not any of such things and merely just tired of the constant point scoring. Yours and others solution to this is to mock, knock and generally be a **** rather than anything else. Not exactly alone in wanting fewer polemics on NSC and getting it back to football am I? But do carry on...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
If NSC was just about sport I strongly suspect that there's many on here who wouldn't give it the time of day. I certainly wouldn't. Would just leave it to the bennies. To me the greatest compliment NSC ever got paid was from a fan of some shit northern club who said something along the lines of 'eh oop, they'll talk about anything other than football on there!'. Long may it remain so. Maybe even [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] will stick around when his longtime man-crush has pottered off to another project :lol:

Less of that’s all. It’s nothing but point scoring woke v gammon name calling a lot of the time. Ironically making that point gets you load of abuse.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
What a pile of old shit. NSC wasn’t racist back in the day. Nor was racism as common as you make out at grounds. I never heard any such remarks at Withdean for example amongst those surrounding me. So how far back are you saying it was ‘rife’? Why does everything on this website have to be about it? Why not football?

I was clearly talking about football in general and how far behind the rest of society it is in this country. It does need to be highlighted, and if by professionals themselves then even better.

There's currently 2 threads on the main board discussing racism and homophobia. Is it really that hard to ignore them if you don't agree with them?

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Cheap and factually inaccurate. But well done for going to the trouble of Google searching images to make your childish point.

Wholly accurate. Your every post is an attempt to either antagonise, misdirect or obfuscate

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
The biggest surprise to me in the Stanley Baxter announcement is he is still alive to make it.

Depending on age I imagine the same people not wanting to talk about gay footballers were the same who thought it was ok to throw bananas at John Barnes on the grounds it was a bit of fun.

You were wrong then and you are wrong now.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I was hoping some active players would step forward when Hitzlsperger did but it didnt happen and unfortunately I think it could take a while. Its a sensitive environment as teams have players from a lot of different cultures with differences in the perception of homosexuality etc, but I dont think the dressing room attitudes are the main issue in 2020 - instead the main issue is probably that anyone stepping forward needs to be willing to face endless hate and threats on social media that could generate real life abuse and in worst case danger. Its a difficult thing to solve.

Ironically that’s exactly why problems never go away. If you take morale superiority on any side and are simply dismissive and patronising, you’re unable to understand other perspectives and just entrench matters. Even someones who’s not any of such things and merely just tired of the constant point scoring. Yours and others solution to this is to mock, knock and generally be a **** rather than anything else. Not exactly alone in wanting fewer polemics on NSC and getting it back to football am I? But do carry on...

Lmao

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
More virtuous signalling from the most virtuous signalling sport of them all: football. Let’s constantly talk about anything other than football, let’s link everything back to gender, sexual orientation, colour, race, religion and politics. When did football become so narcissistic as to tell everyone what to do and think. Remember the days when it used to be about sport?

Where exactly is Dan Burn telling you what to do and think?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Let's not get silly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here