Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion Crack ticket touting ring

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
White/Jordan were talking about this earlier and one of the FAB joined them on the phone. Jordan was trying his best to be controversial, saying that if someone was prepared to pay £250 for a ticket why should they be prevented entry (accepting away fans shouldn’t be sold home tickets). He also said touting was wrong. Completely missed the point that such tickets were effectively being touted :moo:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
For both Liverpool games I was asked if I wanted to buy tickets by some really dodgey bloke out the corner of his mouth. Was straight out of the movies.

Never had that before
Similar thing has happened to me a few times around the area of the ticket office and club superstore this season.

A measure of our success l guess.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
White/Jordan were talking about this earlier and one of the FAB joined them on the phone. Jordan was trying his best to be controversial, saying that if someone was prepared to pay £250 for a ticket why should they be prevented entry (accepting away fans shouldn’t be sold home tickets). He also said touting was wrong. Completely missed the point that such tickets were effectively being touted :moo:

Wonder if the FAB interview was authorised 🚨🚨🚨🚨

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I found it odd that people were at the top of the steps by the South stand, openly selling tickets to people. I guess the police aren't interested, as they stood and watched, presumably keeping to the actual job they're there for.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Jordan is a bellend & im convinced anyone who appears on that show is trained to just say the most controversial thing possible. How can you say that away fans shouldnt be in the home end, and ticket touting is wrong, but also say those people shouldnt be prevented from entering the ground?!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This whole thing was touched on when I spoke to the club yesterday. A few points I hope they don't mind me sharing...

1. When someone arrives with a ticket that is known to have been touted, it is blocked and they are denied entry. They are given a letter from the club detailing that they bought a ticket in a fraudulent transaction. They can present this to their CC company to get a refund.

2. The club do attempt to accommodate them with a legit face-value ticket. They recognise, particularly for foreign visitors who are keen to see the game, that being turned away at the gate is not a great experience. Unfortunately, not everyone can be helped as often the ticket has been sold multiple times.

3. Someone arrived on Sunday with five touted tickets that they'd paid c£750 for (face value: £125 in total).

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
In 2023, a crack ticket touting unit was banned from online purchasing by supporter services for a crime they did commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security banning to the internet's underground. Today, still wanted by supporter services they survive as touts of fortune. If you need a ticket, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire some right touty wankers"

Apparently they were identified and locked in a shed containing some old training equipment while waiting for the police.

Sadly they escaped after managing to build a fully armoured car complete with flamethrower. This was despite the shed having only contained three training cones and a semi-inflated football at the time of their incarceration.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This whole thing was touched on when I spoke to the club yesterday. A few points I hope they don't mind me sharing...

1. When someone arrives with a ticket that is known to have been touted, it is blocked and they are denied entry. They are given a letter from the club detailing that they bought a ticket in a fraudulent transaction. They can present this to their CC company to get a refund.

2. The club do attempt to accommodate them with a legit face-value ticket. They recognise, particularly for foreign visitors who are keen to see the game, that being turned away at the gate is not a great experience. Unfortunately, not everyone can be helped as often the ticket has been sold multiple times.

3. Someone arrived on Sunday with five touted tickets that they'd paid c£750 for (face value: £125 in total).
Good to hear and very good from the club - would have been good for someone from the club to shut Jordan up with that detail........the FAB guy didn't seem to have much to say other than telling people to buy from the club directly (although he said he spent some time in the ticket office last week).

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Any previews on ST renewal announcement date? 👍🏻

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Jordan is a bellend & im convinced anyone who appears on that show is trained to just say the most controversial thing possible. How can you say that away fans shouldnt be in the home end, and ticket touting is wrong, but also say those people shouldnt be prevented from entering the ground?!
i disagree. He usually comes across okay on that program and is oftrm highly complimentary towards us. I agree he seems to have been a plum today though

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Points 1 and 2 are pretty decent of the club, two things they don’t actually have to do.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Points 1 and 2 are pretty decent of the club, two things they don’t actually have to do.
I'd have thought that the club would take away the touted tickets and then sell them the same tickets but at face value. Win win for the club but that's not why they do it. As you say, they could just refuse entry. Of course, how do you check they are tourists supporting the home team rather than the away team?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'd have thought that the club would take away the touted tickets and then sell them the same tickets but at face value. Win win for the club but that's not why they do it. As you say, they could just refuse entry. Of course, how do you check they are tourists supporting the home team rather than the away team?
Regarding your last point, unless something obvious jumps out, welcome them at face value but ask the stewards in that area to keep an eye on them.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd have thought that the club would take away the touted tickets and then sell them the same tickets but at face value.
they’ve said that the fraudulently sold tickets, have often been sold multiple times. If the club sell them a face value ticket for the seat in question, they’ll be sitting on each others’ laps.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hopefully, as part of the crackdown, the club shop will stop selling the cheap(er) BHAFC t-shirts to away fans who clearly had tickets in home areas and were too dim to come to the game in "civvies" and were wearing away team colours which they needed to cover up to gain entry to home areas of the ground..
Yep. A bloke with a southern accent was prevented from entering West Upper by stewards when I arrived because the plank was wearing a Liverpool shirt under his jacket.

This clearly wasn't one bloke buying 100 tickets, it was a large number of twats by the sound of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here