Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion Crack ticket touting ring

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Quite happy that touts have been identified and taken out (not lliterally, perhaps!) T.....but, touts out! - yep, I'll g along with that. Season ticket holders lending their ticket to a mate, on the other hand..... trouble is, can PB appreciate the difference, and is the effort hunting down and penalising one as vigorously as the other worthwhile, reasonable, and worth the effort?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
For both Liverpool games I was asked if I wanted to buy tickets by some really dodgey bloke out the corner of his mouth. Was straight out of the movies.

Never had that before
I heard someone offering tickets walking from coah park to WSL. Was a scouse Accent.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So what home tickets were being resold (touted) ?
-A+ members
-ST guest tickets
…..can’t see what other tickets could be offered for resale
either are f*cked if they’ve done so…long ban incoming

good.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
This whole thing was touched on when I spoke to the club yesterday. A few points I hope they don't mind me sharing...

1. When someone arrives with a ticket that is known to have been touted, it is blocked and they are denied entry. They are given a letter from the club detailing that they bought a ticket in a fraudulent transaction. They can present this to their CC company to get a refund.

2. The club do attempt to accommodate them with a legit face-value ticket. They recognise, particularly for foreign visitors who are keen to see the game, that being turned away at the gate is not a great experience. Unfortunately, not everyone can be helped as often the ticket has been sold multiple times.

3. Someone arrived on Sunday with five touted tickets that they'd paid c£750 for (face value: £125 in total).
Imagine...people are paying that much to touts to watch Little Old Brighton (cos Liverpool aren't really worth watching at the moment)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Quite happy that touts have been identified and taken out (not lliterally, perhaps!) T.....but, touts out! - yep, I'll g along with that. Season ticket holders lending their ticket to a mate, on the other hand..... trouble is, can PB appreciate the difference, and is the effort hunting down and penalising one as vigorously as the other worthwhile, reasonable, and worth the effort?
They have different sanctions for touting tickets, sharing tickets and buying them for away fans to sit in the home end. And first offence etc . And different interventions to discourage this including police involvement if needed (eg: writing names on tickets, publicising work like the tout ring outlined on this thread)
So yes - or do you think they should crack down on one and turn a blind eye to the other.

PS you can share a ticket with a mate. I think you mean - share a ticket with a mate and hope it’s not picked up at the turnstile cos they’re not a member or worse - picked up by a steward cos they’re supporting the wrong team in a visible way !

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here