Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion chants you never hear anymore AND funniest crowd moments!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
1997 Cambridge, last away game before Hereford.
I was on the away terrace near the corner, the linesman nearest us had part of his arm missing, instead of holding his flag with his only hand the flag was taped to his stump.
An offside was given by this lino and he had his flag held up for a while, at this point the crowd was very quiet and a fan near me shouted out “ it’s ok lino you can put it down now, we’ve all seen it and the novelty has worn off”

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Ooh-ah Cod-ner, I said Ooh-ah Cod-ner!

We are the boys from Brighton and Hove Albion and we are chucking celery…

Doug is eee-vil!

Go left, go right, go pick up your sticks…

Bring on the dustbin…

On to Victory.,La La La, we all follow the Albion…

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Two from my first season, 1959/60

2 4 6 8 who do we appreciate? B R I G H T O N

and

"Up Hove!" in a very posh voice.

We were very polite in those days :)

There was a chant to the tune of Daisy Daisy, but I don’t remember the words.

My old memory cogs started whirring and I remembered what it was We started off with Daisy Daisy and then when we got to bicycle made for two (four six eight etc) it went into your first chant.
As you said, very polite.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I’ve heard several versions, but I’m sure it’s….pick up the step or steps.

Yes there are several versions depending on the era! Definitely heard the more sinister sticks version on more than one occasion in the eighties - thankfully now retired…

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Jimmys gonna get yer!

YOu're going home in a Sussex ambulance . . . .once at a Shoreham game a friend piped up with you're going home in a Southlands ambulance, got a few laughs.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yes there are several versions depending on the era! Definitely heard the more sinister sticks version on more than one occasion in the eighties - thankfully now retired…

I’m sure I have also heard sticks, maybe like a misheard lyrics thing and some fans sing what they think others are singing.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Back in the day in the West Stand, there was a guy with a very loud voice who, when Brighton were under some pressure and the crowd were subdued,would stand up and belt out about the opposition,‘they’re panicking Brighton.’
Sounds daft, but it was always very funny.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Anyone remember the celery years ? With flying vegetables around the away ends.

Sussex Police were frisking people for celery in the end. No word of a lie, there was an interview with one of the top bods who said, "it makes no difference whether it's a stick of celery... a potato... or a BRICK".

Personally, I think a flying brick was quite a big difference! There was also a spell of Pepperami lobbing but I assume the rise of veganism has made such disgusting behaviour totally unacceptable.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Krispies, do the rap, Krispies, Krispies do the rap - followed by making a circle in North Stand for Krispies to do the rap in.

Talking of Krispies we were playing Leicester, managed by David Pleat, away, a few days after Pleat had been picked up for alleged kerb crawling, which had made the red tops. Cue Krispies to the tune of Camptown Races "Dirty David Pleat, Dirty David Pleat, what's he picked up in the street? Dirty David Pleat".

And there was the time, around the celery craze, when he smuggled a MARROW into Barnsley's away end and started singing "On Ilkley Moor, b'aht 'at" while waving it. Plod confiscated the vegetable with a sigh and a "every clubs got one".

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Go left, go right, go pick up your sticks…

I’ve heard several versions, but I’m sure it’s….pick up the step or steps.

I’m sure I have also heard sticks, maybe like a misheard lyrics thing and some fans sing what they think others are singing.

Recently aired at the Watford game - https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?393087-Go-left-go-right-go-pick-up-your-step-go-left-go-right-go-left-%26%23127926%3B

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Also sadly missing due to the ‘right on brigade’…

We’re from a town full of homosexuals!

or

Come over here and take it up the axrxsxe!

And the favourite

You’re too ugly to be gay!

None of the above were ‘hate’ songs, one actually espoused the good looking stereotype of gay people. The best thing was that they actually silenced the homophobic chants from opposition supporters, win win all round.

I seem to remember 'We're Brighton & Hove Albion, our striker is Bent' confusing a few homophobic Wolves fans at an away match once.

I also vaguely remember a slightly deranged Birmingham City fan at St Andrews losing his shit amongst his Kindergarten firm when a few singers in away stand decided to start mocking his own sexual choices.

'You’re too ugly to be gay!; is a show stopper for the dinosaurs who start all that silly stuff. It's always been one of my favourites.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Heard a few new ones in North today

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here