First Team midfielders:

Dale Stephens
Beram Kayal
Richie Towell
Andrew Crofts
Rohan Ince
Jake Forster-Caskey
Danny Holla

7 into 2 does not fit. At least 2 to go in January?

Hughton often plays 3 in midfield , not often from the start but tactically.
So we switch from a 4-4-2 to a Stephens, Kayal and Ince. (A 4-3-2-1) . We did on Saturday.

And Hughton sometimes picks 2 on the bench.
So its 7 into 4 or 5 (in squad) or 2 or 3 (on pitch).

Given 1-2-3 of them will have injuries, suspensions then would you still sell ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hughton often plays 3 in midfield , not often from the start but tactically.
So we switch from a 4-4-2 to a Stephens, Kayal and Ince. (A 4-3-2-1) . We did on Saturday.

And Hughton sometimes picks 2 on the bench.
So its 7 into 4 or 5 (in squad) or 2 or 3 (on pitch).

Given 1-2-3 of them will have injuries, suspensions then would you still sell ?

Danny Holla. Unlike Ince, Crofts and JFC, he's undeniably nowhere near good enough for this team.

The others might well all make significant contributions over the course of what is left of the season.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], can you turn this into an emoticon? :

20150720-151630-4680_420x315_w.jpg

Will be handy on our matchday threads when our new Oyrish lad bangs in a THRIKE. :thumbsup:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
He's going a find it a little tougher than when he scored 4 against Drogheda United. On the positive though, he looks like an attacking midfileder that seems to know when to get in the box and boy he likes an early shot and knows where the goal is (based on the compilation).
Looks like a promising signing. It's sometimes good to buy a 24 year old from a poor league http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?228583-Jamie-Vardy

Seba

May 12, 2009
If the LOI is "League 1.5 quality" (between League 1 and 2?) then I'd say that's pretty encouraging. I'd be very excited if we were signing a 24 year old midfielder who scored 25 goals in last years league one or two season.

LOI is an odd one in its style of play, hard to explain. At times it's unbearable, feels like non-league, and then at other times, there can be brilliant end-to-end matches, that actually if you look closely, lack real quality.

The Cup Final was 100 minutes of nothing, and I mean NOTHING, until Towell popped up to stroke the ball home from 15 yards.

I hope he gets the game time, and is able to progress (not as a Brighton fan, as I'm not one, but as a footballing fan). Nothing worse than buying a promising player and wasting him, or loaning him out.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Good option. Fair chance Stephens and/or Kayal will suffer an injury at some point this season, just eases the burden slightly.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
LOI is an odd one in its style of play, hard to explain. At times it's unbearable, feels like non-league, and then at other times, there can be brilliant end-to-end matches, that actually if you look closely, lack real quality.

The Cup Final was 100 minutes of nothing, and I mean NOTHING, until Towell popped up to stroke the ball home from 15 yards.

I hope he gets the game time, and is able to progress (not as a Brighton fan, as I'm not one, but as a footballing fan). Nothing worse than buying a promising player and wasting him, or loaning him out.

4 posts in 6 years. Top quality lurking Seba, and a decent post.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Reach - S club 7

When the world, leaves you feeling blue.
You can count on him, and he will see you through.
When it seems, all your hopes and dreams
Are a million miles away, he will be there for you.

We've all, gotta stick together
Good players are there for each other
Never, ever forget that.
I've got you and you've got me so...

RICH! Richie Towell
Up the league we will climb higher
Rich, Richie Towell
This guy is so on fire
Rich, Richie Towell
He plays for us in white and bue, and can play from Jan day 2.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
:clap2: We've got a Dick Towell.

Got to be better than an Arse Wipe.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Crofts as cover for Stephens, and Towell ready to stand in for Kayal.

Fantastic business. JFC on another long loan in Jan, and Holla away permanently I'd wager.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I'm calling it now, based on absolutely nothing, I don't think he will be great. Happy to be proven wrong (also if Hughton vouches for him it's good enough for me)

Not sure anyone can predict how it might turn out, but I'm not overly excited yet....... he has been incredible... in the League of Ireland having previously failed in Scotland, Hambo was incredible... In Finland.

CMS was incredible in League 1 and he couldn't make the jump to a top half championship side, we're now better than that side.

Here's hoping Towell can make the step up, Shane Long and Kevin Doyle did. I trust the recruitment team and Hughton, though it is a big step up from League of Ireland.

I see his signature as a bit more of punt that could go either way, rather than a surefire free scoring midfielder (as he's been in Ireland)

Richie Towell has been given a fantastic opportunity at a great club with world class facilities, better players, top coaches and a top manager - this can only make him better. I truly wish him well and hope to see him terrorising oppositions wearing the stripes. Good luck Richie. UTA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here