Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
And the most notable contribution to that £612M ........

"£20m spent on goods and services in the city by club employees"

That's some decent jeans and trainers you can get for that
It would be more but we sold Ben White and that crippled the local car wash economy.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I wonder what a 40k city centre stadium would bring in. The club would make huge sums from conferences and live music events alone and those guests would bring in 10's of millions more to the city.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Never been either, tho many of my Withdean-era chums have made it their watering hole of choice. I suspect they're not alone
We go quite a bit. It is very busy and the food is decent - hot cheesy chips and decent burgers, much better than the concourse. Saw Dover on the bus over there last time and there are quite a few other ex-Withdean faces that we meet there,

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Makes Norman Baker look a bit silly now. Costing the Albion millions with his nimby rejections that never materialised. Thank you Dick Knight, Martin Perry, those that never gave in and of course Tony Bloom. Legends everyone.
To be fair, his concern the AMEX will be a gateway for further development has materialized.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
To be fair, his concern the AMEX will be a gateway for further development has materialized.
I find it hard to have any ill will towards the Falmer residents now. Glad to know The Swan have seen sense and made the most of things. Let's face it - nobody really wants a bloody great football stadium plonked on their doorstep, regardless of the other development around. It's a shame there was so much distortion at the time but they had the right to fight their corner - and also a shame there simply was nowhere else.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Like those who said we only get 6k gates so we don’t need a bigger stadium, conveniently forgetting that we only got 6k gates because that’s what the fri****g stadium held at the time, and at a time when the club were otherwise on its knees at that. Glad that plenty have had that shoved back up them since (so to speak….) and seem to have faded back into the obscurity they deserve!
Interesting, I wonder if there are any threads on here discussing this at the time? Is anyone clever enough to bring these threads alive again?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I have to assume the drip of stories about the benefits of the club for the city, alongside the announcement of the council’s support for a women’s stadium, mean we’re either getting the women’s stadium or some other substantial development work soon. All feels like it’s laying the groundwork to get ahead of objections for something, which is smart project management

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
I have to assume the drip of stories about the benefits of the club for the city, alongside the announcement of the council’s support for a women’s stadium, mean we’re either getting the women’s stadium or some other substantial development work soon. All feels like it’s laying the groundwork to get ahead of objections for something, which is smart project management
Not necessarily.

The club has said this may well take a long time (though not 13 years), and one of the council people I spoke to said that one final site hadn't been identified yet.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Heres a link to the whole presentation-its about an hour. Some interesting bits and pieces throughout, not just the money side- PBOBE speaks about the possible extra tiers on North stand and elsewhere(Spoiler alert- its not possible, not that that hasnt been explained countless times, but still they ask). Some insight into the womens stadium and how they see it and the womes game progressing, and why its not practicable to move the women into the stadium full time etc. Nothing earth shatteringly new- although the figures both monatary, and otherwise are eye wateringly high . Worth a watch if you have a spare hour

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/my-albion-tv/videos/3772647/economic-impact-event/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here