Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion academy in Surrey

Not completely sure, but they had a academy that produced, Theo Walcott, Alex Oxlade-chamberlain, Alan Lallana, as well as others. If ours does anything close in future I would be very happy

Needs to be said, I despise that lot up there more than most will vent on here but:
They campaigned against the EPPP, that was a GOOD thing. Palace as a club voted against it, that was good, we voted for it.

My thoughts are the whole thing bloody STINKS.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Me either, but somebody has to fund it.

Local Facility for local youth development.

Only it isn't, I asked the question the other day if anyone knew how many of the U16's were released on Saturday in favour of talent shipped in, nobody knew the answer.

I do.

Surely we want the best possible lads, wherever they come from?

Local facility for local talent. Wasn't that what it was supposed to be or did I dream that?

Either way, the whole thing of Cat 1 (EPPP) being able to pluck talent from those less well off than you makes me very, very uncomfortable.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Needs to be said, I despise that lot up there more than most will vent on here but:
They campaigned against the EPPP, that was a GOOD thing. Palace as a club voted against it, that was good, we voted for it.

My thoughts are the whole thing bloody STINKS.

An ill conceived idea that will benefit few and damage many. Further damaging smaller teams in the process.

I would have voted against, but I'm not likely to profiteer from it.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Local facility for local talent. Wasn't that what it was supposed to be or did I dream that?

Either way, the whole thing of Cat 1 (EPPP) being able to pluck talent from those less well off than you makes me very, very uncomfortable.
They'll only come if they feel they have a better chance of progressing their careers though surely? You can't force them to move.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not completely sure, but they had a academy that produced, Theo Walcott, Alex Oxlade-chamberlain, Alan Lallana, as well as others. If ours does anything close in future I would be very happy

Saints 'plucked' Walcott from Newbury FC, Lallana from Bournemouth, and Oxlade-Chamberlain from Portsmouth...

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Local, what's local?

Lancing, Brighton, Worthing, Hastings, Eastbourne, Chichester, Horsham, Crawley, Redhill?

Blooms investing millions on a top Acadamy, we want top young players, from wherever they come from surely?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
If the talent isn't in Sussex then spread the search far and wide. I would rather see young home grown talent with a desire to play and build a career than some second rate European journeyman.

Let's be honest for years we have seen talent poached from under our noses and therefore it's about time we reversed the tables and milked the clubs investment into youth. Long term it's the only way forward for the club, get the kids in for not a lot and sell them for a lot, or keep the best ones and build a 1st team.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Me either, but somebody has to fund it.

Local Facility for local youth development.

Only it isn't, I asked the question the other day if anyone knew how many of the U16's were released on Saturday in favour of talent shipped in, nobody knew the answer.

I do.

How many local U16s were released?

Why is this a problem? If they're not good enough, is it not better to release them now so that they can concentrate on getting some A-levels or vocational training?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here