Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion academy in Surrey

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
You think owning any football team is a good investment? The stadium will cost in the region of £60 million and your training ground that you are looking to make, who knows. He might not spend as much as Bloom but he is going to be spending millions like other sugar daddies.

It appears to have been a good investment for the club's current owners if they sell. As it was for Ron Noades.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
It appears to have been a good investment for the club's current owners if they sell. As it was for Ron Noades.

True, but they are exceptions to the rule. You could say that they weren't good investments for Goldberg and Jordan. I think the only other owner in recent years of any club (high profile anyway) is Alan Sugar.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
True, but they are exceptions to the rule. You could say that they weren't good investments for Goldberg and Jordan. I think the only other owner in recent years of any club (high profile anyway) is Alan Sugar.

I would doubt that very much. I'm sure many people have made a lot of money out of numerous clubs once they've sold their shares or ownership.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
You seem to know a lot about palace don't you ! I didn't know that . If they still want a ground give them a ring .
Not really. As usual with Andy, the reality has been skewed to fit his mind's version of events. London Welsh were refused entry into the Premiership (or whatever it's called) on the basis that they weren't primary owners of their ground. Parish offered his help, as he initially thought it was more an issue with meeting standards, but obviously there was nothing he could do when he discovered the problem was primacy.

In the end, Welsh got the ruling overturned and their promotion stood, with them remaining wherever it was they were playing.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
Name them (since the premiership), then see if they are the norm or exception.

Oh Andy. I'm not going to bother with a tedious research excercise, but I'm sure Ken Bates made money out of Chelsea, Hammam made money out of Wimbledon and Cardiff, Levy has made money out of Spurs, Edwards made money out of Manchester United, Ellis made money out of Villa, Moores made money out of Liverpool, and so on.

Surely it depends upon what you buy, how much for, how it performs during your ownership, when you decide to sell, and how much you sell it for?

Sad though it is that BHAFC will never be able to sustain itself to the level of ever paying Bloom back, therefore meaning the club could never be considered a sound investment for him - it doesn't mean that all football need be branded an enormous write off of catastrophic proportions.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Oh Andy. I'm not going to bother with a tedious research excercise, but I'm sure Ken Bates made money out of Chelsea, Hammam made money out of Wimbledon and Cardiff, Levy has made money out of Spurs, Edwards made money out of Manchester United, Ellis made money out of Villa, Moores made money out of Liverpool, and so on.

Surely it depends upon what you buy, how much for, how it performs during your ownership, when you decide to sell, and how much you sell it for?

Sad though it is that BHAFC will never be able to sustain itself to the level of ever paying Bloom back, therefore meaning the club could never be considered a sound investment for him - it doesn't mean that all football need be branded an enormous write off of catastrophic proportions.

Apart from probably Ellis and Moores, like many other owners, those you have mentioned and many many others, they do not have the club in their hearts, not really fans of the clubs.
Some clubs go into administration, not once but twice, and are allowed to start again, owing many people that never get their money back, often small companies that then go bust themselves.
I think if a club starts up again then these debts should be taken on by the new owner, and paid back after a certain time.
I'm glad we have a fan at our helm.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Not really. As usual with Andy, the reality has been skewed to fit his mind's version of events. London Welsh were refused entry into the Premiership (or whatever it's called) on the basis that they weren't primary owners of their ground. Parish offered his help, as he initially thought it was more an issue with meeting standards, but obviously there was nothing he could do when he discovered the problem was primacy.

In the end, Welsh got the ruling overturned and their promotion stood, with them remaining wherever it was they were playing.
:lolol:

Standards must be pretty low in rugby.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Another Venue has been secured and will be announced soon. I wander where that one will be.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
Apart from probably Ellis and Moores, like many other owners, those you have mentioned and many many others, they do not have the club in their hearts, not really fans of the clubs.
Some clubs go into administration, not once but twice, and are allowed to start again, owing many people that never get their money back, often small companies that then go bust themselves.
I think if a club starts up again then these debts should be taken on by the new owner, and paid back after a certain time.
I'm glad we have a fan at our helm.
Your tribute to Tony is as touching as your limp dig at Palace is predictable, but sadly everything you said has nothing to do with my response to Andy.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Your tribute to Tony is as touching as your limp dig at Palace is predictable, but sadly everything you said has nothing to do with my response to Andy.

It was a response to Dougie not me.:whistle: I just saw it was the wrong comment I was looking at:mad:

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
New Academy centre opening in February at the Charles Darwin school in Biggins Hill for under 8s to under 13s.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
New Academy centre opening in February at the Charles Darwin school in Biggins Hill for under 8s to under 13s.

That's great news Andy ,btw it's spelt biggin hill not image.jpg hill

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here