Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion 5 Fulham 0 - Player Ratings

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Noticeable that we had a string of very good corners and free kicks in the second half taken by Skalak and Knockaert. We haven't had many decent corners since Solly was injured, now we have two players capable of consistently delivering a very good ball.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Stockdale 9 Faultless, not too much to do
Bruno 9.5 Well taken goal, class as usual.
Dunk 9 Imperious
Goldson 9 As per Dunk.
Roseinor 9 Rampaging down the left at times.
Knockaert 9.5 Magician. Great goal, can't be stopped when he's on form.
Stephens 10 Was incredible the whole game-even during the wobbly first 20. Faultless CM performance
Kayal 9 Brilliant as usual
Skalak 8.5 Another assist. Wouldn't say he was a conventional winger, more of an attacking midfielder. Still love him
Wilson 8.5 Slow start but got better and better. Looked very dangerous by the end
Hemed 10 Perfect Performance from a striker.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Stockdale 8 - Would have been more but he had very little to do. Brilliant save in second half.
Bruno 8.5 - As good as always this season and got a goal.
Dunk 9 - Kept a high scoring strike pair very quiet.
Goldson 9 - Kept a high scoring strike pair very quiet.
Rosenior 8.5 - Very good again. Has been brilliant since returning from injury.
Knockaert 10 - My man of the match. Brilliant ball for Wilson for the penalty, great free kick for the goal and a superb goal at the end. Amazing signing.
Kayal 8 - Good as usual.
Stephens 9 - Slightly better than Kayal. Great performance.
Skalak 8 - Surprised by the low marks he has got. Very busy and fantastic corner for Bruno's goal.
Hemed 10 - Deserved his hat-trick. Played superbly but I still would have given Knockaert man of the match.
Wilson 8 - Slow start but won the penalty and played really well in the second half, including a superb run and pass for Hemed's chance at 3-0. Hopefully a sign of what's to come in the last four games from him.

Subs:

Sidwell 7 - Did well when he came on and almost scored with a great shot.
LuaLua 6 - Didn't have much time to make an impact but should have scored to make it 6-0.
Murphy 6 - Not really on long enough but looked busy for the short time he was on.

Hughton 10 - The team started slowly but the decision to move Knockaert to the left worked brilliantly. After that, everything we tried worked perfectly.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Skalak getting some poor comments. Apart from the obvious ability to deliver the final ball we've craved for he also makes a lot of great runs that to date haven't really been spotted and utilised by the team. Def a work in progress but huge promise and others point out is also always tracking back and has the real team ethic that ch has installed
He does need to be put in a position to cross from open play more regularly; when this happens he will be very effective. That will come after a few months (off season probably) when he has a better understanding with his team mates and can speak the same language as them.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Stockdale 8 Cracking save and the claw away, smashing distribution.
Bruno 9 Hero, legend, goalscorer.
Goldson 7 Would probably have expected a tougher night, did everything well.
Dunk 7 Similar to Goldson, an easy night for him.
Rosenior 8 Always surprised by how good a player he is, really impressive.
Knockaert 9 Such a good player, natural balance, skill and a really impressive work rate.
Stephens 8 Another fine performance.
Kayal 8 One of the best players in the league.
Skalak 7 Wasted on the left wing, top quality right winger and amazing set pieces.
Wilson 8 Justified his place and should be the first choice to partner Hemed in the run in.
Hemed 8 Good all round performance, took his goals well.

Subs
Sidwell 7 Unlucky not to score.
LuaLua 6 The squad has overtaken him and he's been well and truly left behind.
Murphy 6 Good to get him a rest, he'll have his part to play.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Based on the whole game not just our good 70 mins.

Stockdale 8 Two very important saves at crucial times.
Bruno 8 Mr Reliable plus a goal
Goldson 8 An old head on young shoulders
Dunk 8.5 He has been a revelation of late last night was no different.
Rosenior 8 Tactically very aware and very athletic.
Knockhaert 8 Very difficult to knock off the ball and provides the strikers with chances.
Stephens 8 Very poor 25 mins but improved to show his worth as the game went on.
Kayal 7 Much the same as Stephens but didnt contribute so much later on.
Skalak 8 Put himself about and some great crosses I would like to see him take a full back on more.
Hemed 9 Superb all his running and hard work paid off.
Wilson 7 His best game for some weeks but still not up to the standards he set at Man U.

Subs:

Lua Lua 6 Gave nothing of note to warrant possible consideration for
starting selection
Murphy 6 Ran around a lot but didnt look a replacement main striker.
Sidwell 7 Did the job expected of him efficiently.

The overall team performance a very bad 25 mins, probably one of our worst this season and possibly down to nerves, but after the penalty grabbed the game by the horns and went on to produce a good performance

Last edited:

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Stockers 8
Bruno 9
Rosenior 8.5
Dunk 9
Goldson 8
Kayal 8
Stephens 9
Knockaert 9
Skalak 7.5
Hemed 8.5
Wilson 7.5

Sidwell 7
Kaz 7
Murphy 7.5

I would of given Bruno MOM but any of Hemed,Stephens, Dunk, Knocky could of got it

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Based on the whole game not just our good 70 mins.

Stockdale 8 Two very important saves at crucial times.
Bruno 8 Mr Reliable plus a goal
Goldson 8 An old head on young shoulders
Dunk 8.5 He has been a revelation of late last night was no different.
Rosenior 8 Tactically very aware and very athletic.
Knockhaert 8 Very difficult to knock off the ball and provides the strikers with chances.
Stephens 8 Very poor 25 mins but improved to show his worth as the game went on.
Kayal 7 Much the same as Stephens but didnt contribute so much later on.
Skalak 8 Put himself about and some great crosses I would like to see him take a full back on more.
Hemed 9 Superb all his running and hard work paid off.
Wilson 7 His best game for some weeks but still not up to the standards he set at Man U.

Subs:

Lua Lua 6 Gave nothing of note to warrant possible consideration for
starting selection
Murphy 6 Ran around a lot but didnt look a replacement main striker.
Sidwell 7 Did the job expected of him efficiently.

The overall team performance a very bad 25 mins, probably one of our worst this season and possibly down to nerves, but after the penalty grabbed the game by the horns and went on to produce a good performance

Oh no I completely agree with BG!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Weird game. We had nothing for 20-25 minutes. Every attempt to tackle or intercept seemed weak or resulted in the ball going to another Fulham player. I suppose by the end of the game we had earned the win, but we really didn't deserve it when we took the lead, or even at 2-0 I thought it wasn't a fair result. But by the end of the game, perhaps in part due to fulham seemingly giving up, we could have had a few more goals.

Stockdale - 7.5 Solid. Think the double save is being over sold.
Bruno - 8 Usual strong performance. I did feel at times we were too predictable in our reliance on him, particularly when Fulham had a period in the second half and were quick to close us down and intercept passes toward him, but that is more a point about the team than about him. And at least we were scoring. It can get frustrating that we keep going back to him and whoever is on the right with him to swing it in when it isn't working.
Goldson - 7.5 Solid
Dunk - 7.5 Solid
Rosenior - 8 Strong performance
Stephens - 8 Good
Kayal - 8 Good
Knockaert - 8.5 Very Good
Wilson - 7 Mixed bag. At times he looked uninterested, like he was expecting a recall any day and is avoiding getting involved for fear of injury, yet he won us the penalty, had some great runs that played in Knoackaert and Hemed with great chances to score, had a chance of his own. Difficult to rate.
Hemed - 8.5 In real time I thought it was so clear he was offside for his third, that they didn't replay it on the screen made me sure it was, but watching the highlights last night I'm not so sure any more. I was getting nervous; his last couple of penalties have gone in the same spot and fulham delayed the kick for so long, and it's been a while since his last goal, so it was great to see him place it to the other side.
Skalak - 7.5 I was surprised he didn't take more set pieces. Still finding his footing, but did a job

With the game won, Fulham given up, it's hard to really judge the subs. Each had a good moment that could have been more, none of them particularly exposed us or weakened us, and I felt we were playing really really well at 4-0. Didn't sit back on the lead or take it easy on them for fear of embarrassing them. We seemed to want the ball, trying to inercept, closing them down, chasing the ball, and getting forward with intent. I'd like to see us play with that fearlessness more often.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average Player Ratings

Highest Rated
<Hemed 9.05 (83mins, 29 votes)

The Rest
Knockaert 8.72 (97mins, 29 votes)
Bruno 8.62 (97mins, 29 votes)
Dunk 8.57 (97mins, 29 votes)
Stephens 8.35 (97mins, 29 votes)
Rosenior 8.34 (97mins, 29 votes)
Stockdale 8.16 (97mins, 29 votes)
Kayal 8.10 (97mins, 29 votes)
Goldson 7.98 (97mins, 29 votes)
<Wilson 7.64 (84mins, 29 votes)
>Sidwell 7.39 (14mins, 14 votes)
<Skalak 7.10 (83mins, 29 votes)
>Murphy 7.00 (13mins, 14 votes)
>Lualua 6.93 (14mins, 14 votes)

Squad Average: 8.00

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Weird game. We had nothing for 20-25 minutes. Every attempt to tackle or intercept seemed weak or resulted in the ball going to another Fulham player. I suppose by the end of the game we had earned the win, but we really didn't deserve it when we took the lead, or even at 2-0 I thought it wasn't a fair result. But by the end of the game, perhaps in part due to fulham seemingly giving up, we could have had a few more goals.

I'm not arguing we were poor for 20 minutes but the fact is Fulham had nothing to show for it except a McCormack shot straight at Stockdale, while their keeper had to back peddle to tip over Kayal's effort. It's encouraging in a way that we struggled so much for 20 minutes but still didn't really offer a chance to one of the top scoring teams in the division (who we're now level on goals with).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here