Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion 2013-14 season tickets - ALL the details

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Don't know what people's problem here is? Cost goes up, so does everything else! It's more than fair IMO and if we go up then the prices go up! Like it or not, this is modern day family day, I mean football

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
There seems to be a fair difference in % increases in different areas which seems a bit naughty.

Cant believe people are going on about the transport subsidy when this little gem has been unveiled. More than a bit naughty I think,especially as it is the more expensive areas that are getting the bigger % rises. I'd like to know the reasoning behind it.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
The club are not paying £144 for somebody that does this journey. Unless we can get hold of the cost per head that the club pays to the travel companies, difficult to compare with the 'subsidy.'

Obviously not the club have agreed a contract with southern rail and the bus company which costs them a fee, but if they did not you would have to pay the travel cost so effectively they are paying the train fare

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
On a game by game basis it makes it brilliant value. With the DD option also thrown in, not to mention heavily subsided travel for those who need it. The club have got it spot on.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Burgess Hill to Falmer return = £6.50 x 23 = £149.50

STH Travel Charge = £50

So the club are saving me £99.50, effectively subsidising this amount. So, yes, it is still a subsidy.

Yet coming from Eastbourne I only get the Lewes to Falmer bit so 23 * £1.50 = £34.50. Its those from the east that will be subdisising you.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Won't be long now, possibly two years till the club reach their promised land of a three figure sum for the travel

£34.78 per game for me and Mini and I reckon the only cheaper one to that is Bolton away at £33 however add in the £2 admin fee.............

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Seems reasonable enough for WSU even though we have the biggest % rise.

Would like to see the travel zone moved East a bit if we are paying £50 a year as coming from Eastbourne we have to pay to Lewes and it only costs £1.50 extra to get to Falmer so the East people are subsidising those in the West.

This was something they were looking into, seems very unfair at the moment that you can travel a massive distance from the West but only Lewes or Seaford from the East

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Don't know what people's problem here is? Cost goes up, so does everything else! It's more than fair IMO and if we go up then the prices go up! Like it or not, this is modern day family day, I mean football

Because the product has got worse?

Personally, I wouldn't want to be one of the mugs in the WSL paying almost SEVEN HUNDRED QUID on some of the absolute shit we've watched at home this season. Sideways passing + failure to hit a barndoor = yawn football.

How many genuinely entertaining football matches have there been at The Amex this season? Probably less than 5. And one of them was Arsenal, which we had to pay for on top.

£690 is a LOT of money.

It's all very well pinning the loss on the transport, but as discussed previously, some people don't use it.

And let's not forget the fact that in some areas I think it'll be over £100 more than it was when people committed to their season tickets in the portakabin presentations before the stadium opened.

A lot of people love the Amex. A lot of people love the Albion. But in the current climate, it will be interesting to see how many are priced out. £8 million loss or not, it doesn't change the FACT that some people will be priced out.

Thankfully, the increase isn't too bad in many areas of the ground, which may be what swings this from being a PR disaster for the club in terms of the number of people coming through the door.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
- Season ticket prices to increase between 2% and 5%.
Ok.

2013-14 Pricing

Zone A difference +7.1%
Zone B difference: +9.2%)
Zone C difference: +6.7%)
Zone D difference: +8.7%)
Zone E difference: +8.8%)
Zone F difference: +6.6%)
???

EDIT - ok, so the bigger % includes the increase for travel. Cool.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Because the product has got worse?

Personally, I wouldn't want to be one of the mugs in the WSL paying almost SEVEN HUNDRED QUID on some of the absolute shit we've watched at home this season. Sideways passing + failure to hit a barndoor = yawn football.

How many genuinely entertaining football matches have there been at The Amex this season? Probably less than 5. And one of them was Arsenal, which we had to pay for on top.

£690 is a LOT of money.

It's all very well pinning the loss on the transport, but as discussed previously, some people don't use it.

And let's not forget the fact that in some areas I think it'll be over £100 more than it was when people committed to their season tickets in the portakabin presentations before the stadium opened.

A lot of people love the Amex. A lot of people love the Albion. But in the current climate, it will be interesting to see how many are priced out. £8 million loss or not, it doesn't change the FACT that some people will be priced out.

Thankfully, the increase isn't too bad in many areas of the ground, which may be what swings this from being a PR disaster for the club in terms of the number of people coming through the door.

Bye then :wave:

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
well i for one wont be renewing my north stand season ticket!

but only cause i'm moving to Norway at the end of the season :tantrum:

otherwise i would have renewed no question :(

_mark_

Aug 24, 2011
If you can't afford a 10% price hike to go and be entertained a few times every month then I suggest you reassess your budget. There are lots of products that have yearly price increases and most of these are compulsory. Watching Brighton isn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here