Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albert Sambi Lokonga

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Crook is much more reliable than Romano for Brighton news.
He’ll report what Barber / Weir gives him directly.

Nothing to say they both aren’t correct in that the obvious go guess would be Lille know we are cash rich and asked for more late on and we’re showing them we can go elsewhere

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If – and I appreciate it's a HUGE if – there is any truth in this rumour, I'd trust that the club knows what it is doing and has seen some potential or something in the fella, hence why they would be going for him.

No offence to any posters here, but I'd probably take the word of professionals in the football club over you lot :lolol:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Nothing to say they both aren’t correct in that the obvious go guess would be Lille know we are cash rich and asked for more late on and we’re showing them we can go elsewhere
Funny that 'Naylor' gets pelters all around for doing pretty much exactly that – and yet 'Crooky' gets a FAR easier ride and is seen as ITK #1 :lol:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If – and I appreciate it's a HUGE if – there is any truth in this rumour, I'd trust that the club knows what it is doing and has seen some potential or something in the fella, hence why they would be going for him.

No offence to any posters here, but I'd probably take the word of professionals in the football club over you lot :lolol:
Even if you are correct it’s still not the big player to replace Cashiedo RDZ has consistently talked about.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Even if you are correct it’s still not the big player to replace Cashiedo RDZ has consistently talked about.
I didn't say it was :shrug:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This is exactly it.

We're shipping out Alzate? Way better to keep him and not sign Lokonga. Though I appreciate they have different skill sets

I beleive that Lokonga is just a red herring dropped by the club to try to force Lille's hand. But if i'm wrong, I suppose it comes down to trust the club, and if the recruitment team and RDZ think they can get a tune out of him, I'll reason that Arsenal must have signed him for a reason.
I like Alzate although he seems to slow for how we play now, got caught out in pre season games a few times for ball holding.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I like Alzate although he seems to slow for how we play now, got caught out in pre season games a few times for ball holding.
But played in Adingra beautifully for his second goal.

I just think that skill set .... the shifts of bodyweight, the little change of direction, popping off a short pass then showing again, he'll do really well in his career. Much better than Lokonga anyway

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Funny that 'Naylor' gets pelters all around for doing pretty much exactly that – and yet 'Crooky' gets a FAR easier ride and is seen as ITK #1 :lol:
I don’t think a lot of people have cottoned on to Crooks access yet. There was some subtle undertones with his invite and front and centre access to the open training day.

Looks like he along with Naylor get the direct access, but we have to accept the line they are fed is in the best interests of the club at the time, not necessarily the end outcome / desire / truth

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Another CDM link that suggests we may be thinking more about not giving the ball away than about quickly retrieving it. This video shows a lot of him playing first time balls in tight spaces and receiving the ball on the half turn, which would be key for anyone playing for RDZ:

Our friends up the road weren't particularly enthralled with him: https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=288077, although as a lot of them point out, Hodgson didn't use him much, preferring to rely on the old stagers. His skill set would seem a better fit with our midfield than theirs, but he doesn't appear to offer anything much different to our current options.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I don’t think a lot of people have cottoned on to Crooks access yet. There was some subtle undertones with his invite and front and centre access to the open training day.

Looks like he along with Naylor get the direct access, but we have to accept the line they are fed is in the best interests of the club at the time, not necessarily the end outcome / desire / truth
Yep – and I've absolutely no problem with that. I'd prefer that than the constant stream of a) rumours about players we might be signing and b) agent-botherers showing boasting about much info they've been fed, such as what a potential target had for breakfast. If a deal happens, it happens – personally, I can do without being told what the egotistical berks 'understand' all the facking time!

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London

Think that’s probably right - although we should have perhaps come up with a more balebable option than Lokonga IMHO

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here