Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albert Sambi Lokonga

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If – and I appreciate it's a HUGE if – there is any truth in this rumour, I'd trust that the club knows what it is doing and has seen some potential or something in the fella, hence why they would be going for him.

No offence to any posters here, but I'd probably take the word of professionals in the football club over you lot :lolol:
Agreed. Not really bothered with how people thought he looked at Palace. He wasn't being coached by De Zerbi or working with our other midfielders. It's unlikely any single player is going to replace Caicedo - it's all about how his skillset blends with what we've already got and having a bit of Premier League experience already is an undoubted advantage. One thing we can pretty much guarantee he's not is a midfielder who's come on to our radar as a panic measure - let's just trust the club.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
The thing he does give over Alzate is some physical presence. When RDZ talks about ‘impact players’ it’s this I think he’s worried about. I worry our midfield could easily get overrun against the better and more physical sides (eg Newcastle)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Alex Crook said this would be a pretty underwhelming option compared to Baleba, so he’s not completely on the party line

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
How about:

Lokonga's gonna get ya,
Lokonga's gonna get ya,
La la la la hey!
La la la la hey!
Stay where you are! Hopefully you won't have to find lyrics for Lokonga as I don't feel he's the answer imo. IF he comes and pkays for us, I expect a better effort and hopefully it won't include any la la la la hey.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Stay where you are! Hopefully you won't have to find lyrics for Lokonga as I don't feel he's the answer imo. IF he comes and pkays for us, I expect a better effort and hopefully it won't include any la la la la hey.

I'm also hoping for Baleba rather than Lokonga. The beauty is the song works for both of them.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
So they are wanting around the same for Sambi than Lille are wanting for Baleba who has played c 20 games in the French first division.
Difficult to compare them as players but this guy has actually played in the Premier League and probably isn’t as raw.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
So they are wanting around the same for Sambi than Lille are wanting for Baleba who has played c 20 games in the French first division.
Difficult to compare them as players but this guy has actually played in the Premier League and probably isn’t as raw.
Yep feels like some value there.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
How can you ask for £20 million if you buy a player for almost that and then never play him?!
Yeah he's not good enough for us but he is worth more than what we bought him for.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
On the face of it, this is a surprise. However, wouldn't it be fun if, having signed him, we got a tune out of him? No doubt the dickheads up the '23 would try and take some credit buy in truth, they plainly couldn't see his qualities and play him accordingly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here