[Albion] Albert Sambi Lokonga

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Kin Nora!!!...is this really the best we can do...I would rather keep Alzate! We must have something better up our sleeve with the funds we've got. One of Gallagher or Palmer as well as Diaz if Baleba isn't coming would be good but if not keep Alzate!
This is exactly it.

We're shipping out Alzate? Way better to keep him and not sign Lokonga. Though I appreciate they have different skill sets

I beleive that Lokonga is just a red herring dropped by the club to try to force Lille's hand. But if i'm wrong, I suppose it comes down to trust the club, and if the recruitment team and RDZ think they can get a tune out of him, I'll reason that Arsenal must have signed him for a reason.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
We have historical interest in Lokonga.

We were monitoring him when he was at Anderlecht.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Lokonga wouldn't be the first player who looked rubbish elsewhere but came to us and outperformed all expectations.

Personally, I was delighted when he went to Palace because I think he's shocking. No obvious talent or ability and his performances for Palace were exactly what I'd expect, although with the caveat that Palace are turgid. He might be decent for us, like Billy Gilmour. But trying to turn around such a negative perception would be a problem.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
If not, are we all saying our recruitment team dont know what they are doing ?

IMG_7105.jpeg

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Lokonga wouldn't be the first player who looked rubbish elsewhere but came to us and outperformed all expectations.

Personally, I was delighted when he went to Palace because I think he's shocking. No obvious talent or ability and his performances for Palace were exactly what I'd expect, although with the caveat that Palace are turgid. He might be decent for us, like Billy Gilmour. But trying to turn around such a negative perception would be a problem.
I agree; If Caceido can go from world class at Albion to shit Sunday league player (who looked like he'd been on the piss the night before) in a single match after moving to Chelsea then surely the reverse is possible.

Who's to say this Baleta guy is any better anyway, he's only been in the Lille first team for a handful of games.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
All I'd say is that time is on the player's side here. Lots of players have looked pretty ordinary at 21, 22 and gone on to do well. Would the 23 year old Solly March be good enough for our team now?

That said, he's probably too experienced now to be a sign and loan for his development. He's had that, so he would be coming in to compete for a first team place this season. I just can't see him getting any football.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Sort of like the opposite of when we sell a player to Chelsea

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I think there were similar comments about Billy Gilmour when he was on loan at Norwich? He won’t be being bought for now but for the future. Sky Sports News reporting that he is keen on the move so that’s a positive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports