Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Albanian narco gangs.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This Guardian article, (from the Guardian, guys!) is a very interesting read.
There is a strange assumption that those who speak out about the government's policy and rhetoric on immigration are happy to accommodate bad folk. This is, of course, untrue. It's just a lie that gets thrown about by extreme voices.

There is a huge and well documented problem with a lot of Albanian migrants. Some come here for good reasons, as ever, but many get sucked, or intend to be a part of, the dark underworld. It's a major problem that has been building for some time.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I will admit that I have the Herberts (the sort who would ordinarily pile into a thread like this and blame Labour, and our Prime Minister: baby-eating Jeremy Corbyn, the mastermind of no Brexit, who encouraged the swamping of England by illegal forring Daleks) on ignore, but the thread actually is quite calm and measured.

Hang on...maybe this is because I can't see the rivers of angry piss flowing just beyond my ignore perimeter? ???

Oh well. Job done, then. Ta ra.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
There is a strange assumption that those who speak out about the government's policy and rhetoric on immigration are happy to accommodate bad folk. This is, of course, untrue. It's just a lie that gets thrown about by extreme voices.

There is a huge and well documented problem with a lot of Albanian migrants. Some come here for good reasons, as ever, but many get sucked, or intend to be a part of, the dark underworld. It's a major problem that has been building for some time.
There are a lot of people who refuse to accept any criticism of negative behaviours from sections of ethnic communities, because they view it as racist/xenophobic.

It is impossible having a conversation with these people, who do a lot more harm than good in promoting unity and integration.

Statement of fact: “there is a clear, proven problem specifically with Albanian gangs who use violence to control the UK drug trade”

The reply is always: “yeah, but white people, colonialism, IRA, the Tories”

Then a repetition of the statement of fact: “okay, but there is a big problem with Albanian criminal gangs, who use violence to control the drug trade”

Reply: “racism!”

It’s absolutely foolhardy trying to discuss sensibly. The far right are going to take it as open season on foreigners and be even more racist. Liberals are going to take any criticism of any minority as fascism and scream Nazi.

Then you have intelligent, sensible centrists in the middle shaking our heads at the hypocrisy of both sides.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
There are a lot of people who refuse to accept any criticism of negative behaviours from sections of ethnic communities, because they view it as racist/xenophobic.

It is impossible having a conversation with these people, who do a lot more harm than good in promoting unity and integration.

Statement of fact: “there is a clear, proven problem specifically with Albanian gangs who use violence to control the UK drug trade”

Then a repetition of the statement of fact: “okay, but there is a big problem with Albanian criminal gangs, who use violence to control the drug trade”

It’s absolutely foolhardy trying to discuss sensibly. The far right are going to take it as open season on foreigners and be even more racist. Liberals are going to take any criticism of any minority as fascism and scream Nazi.

Then you have intelligent, sensible centrists in the middle shaking our heads at the hypocrisy of both sides.
I disagree. I haven’t seen anyone disagreeing that Albanians are a criminal issue in the U.K.

I would offer up that the main reason YOU can’t have a decent discussion is because you play the victim card so often (see your above quoted post) that you write yourself out of any discussion before it’s started.

A discussion starts, three posts in you pop up saying variations on the the theme of “How long before the usual lefty liberals come along and tell us they think criminals from abroad should be given houses and benefits / Asian rape gangs should be empathised with / Brexit caused all this”?

Meanwhile, us adults are happily having the sensible discussion.

You’ve got a chip on your shoulder and you think everyone else is the problem.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I disagree. I haven’t seen anyone disagreeing that Albanians are a criminal issue in the U.K.

I would offer up that the main reason YOU can’t have a decent discussion is because you play the victim card so often (see your above quoted post) that you write yourself out of any discussion before it’s started.

A discussion starts, three posts in you pop up saying variations on the the theme of “How long before the usual lefty liberals come along and tell us they think criminals from abroad should be given houses and benefits / Asian rape gangs should be empathised with / Brexit caused all this”?

Meanwhile, us adults are happily having the sensible discussion.

You’ve got a chip on your shoulder and you think everyone else is the problem.

That's because he's an intelligent centrist and the rest of us are lefty idiots.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

I haven't noticed anyone saying these things on this thread. Why are you bringing them up?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

When you say 'far right' do you mean the government?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

*cough*

Post explanation of the increases in the numbers of Albanian criminals highlighted on this very thread

With my very limited knowledge I could explain that up until September 2011 the majority of asylum claims were made and processed whilst the individual was outside Britain. If granted they could enter, if not they were refused entry, but the current government, under Cameron did away with that.

Since Brexit the Government have also closed the DUB Scheme, the Syrian scheme, the Iranian scheme, and all other routes for valid Asylum claims from abroad so that the only way to claim is by getting people smugglers to bring you to the UK. Therefor, anybody who gets on a boat to cross the channel IS NOT an 'illegal immigrant' and is simply taking this Government's preferred option for claiming asylum.

With the UK Government insisting that anyone wanting to claim asylum, regardless of where they are from, have to cross the channel on small boats in order to make a claim, and the average asylum claim taking in excess of 4.5 years to process (a twelve fold increase since this Government came to power). If I were an Albanian drug runner, controller of prostitutes or thief, I would think that this Government's complete incompetence (we would hope it's incompetence and not other possible reasons) with Asylum applications would mean that all my Xmas's had come at once and get myself on a boat in amongst all the genuine Asylum seekers:shrug:

A couple of other things that I have picked up with my very limited knowledge.

Even with this current explosion in numbers of Asylum applications, they are only getting back up to the same level they were 20 years ago.
We are way down the list of countries by Asylum Application numbers in Europe and we are negligible in World Terms.

And get called a lefty liberal

nah. Doesn’t work. Even the staunchest of left and the libbest of libs recognise there are certain issues relating to certain cultures within British society which are problematic. Grooming/exploitation gangs in certain Asian communities, gang/drug problems in Albanian communities.

It’s simply fact, nobody here is blaming Johnny Foreigner for all our ills in life,.

The problem is when people shut down when valid, factual observations get made.

Frankly, you’ve had a shocker fella.

I guess I'm just lucky to have sensible centrists such as yourself to put me right :lolol:

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Believing anyone is a "centrist" (something that does not exist) does not exactly indicate intelligence. It indicates delusion.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
293809.jpg

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
what a shit fest , i can only imagine that people who are arguing in favour of the protagonists are resident in small country villages such as Nuthurst , Bolney , Findon and or Billingshurst or Arundel ....you know , the flat cap , tweed jacket , wiemeraner owning , fly fishing , range rover driving , head firmly up arse clowns . what world do you people live in , knife crime and recalcitrant gangs in London are out of control but you muppets don't see a problem ....ffs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here