Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Partridge - Alpha Papa

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
About 270 in a 300 cinema at the Brighton Marina.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"Your fog lights! YOUR FOG LIGHTS! NO FOG! NO FOG!"

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Very good but not quite as good as I would have liked.

MASSIVE Alan fan, but there wasn't enough development of the other characters. They should have squeezed in an extra 20 minutes and had a bit more of an exchange with Michael for instance.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Saw it last night at Duke of York's.

Oh my WORD it was funny. It was pretty much a laugh every 3-4 seconds.

"Like a Geordie Anne Frank" had tears of laughter rolling down my cheeks. That hasn't happened in quite a while.

I was delighted that they stayed completely true to Partridge as well. All in Norwich, plenty of Lyn and Michael (although could always have more Michael).

9.4/10.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Alan Partridge film Alpha Papa has topped the UK box office in its opening weekend, according to early figures.

The critically acclaimed comedy, which opened on 7 August, has made £2.17m so far in ticket sales.

The film is the first big screen outing for the comedy creation of Steve Coogan and Armando Iannucci.

Details of the rest of the UK box office will be released later. Comedy Grown Ups 2 and The Lone Ranger were also released at the weekend.

A statement released on behalf of the fictional Norfolk DJ said: "Now is not a time for gloating or celebration, more a time for healing old wounds, a time to say 'let us join together in thanks that I am number one at the box office'. Hallelujah."

The film, which has gained four and five star reviews, had its premiere in Norwich after an online campaign by fans.

The character of Alan Partridge first appeared on Radio 4's On the Hour more than 20 years ago.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I saw it last thursday and it is good . I keep thinking of some of the subtle things in it and laughing to my self . Especially when they had to make a jingle during the seige and suddenly alan had a bass strapped on and did a little bassline , it doesnt sound funny but with his facial expression and the memory of the gary numan fretless bass scene i pissed myself !

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I'm going to rip that uniform off of you and boy you will pay for it.

What your going to sell me the uniform.

Laugh LAUGH LAUGH

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Interesting they decided to take 10 years off him and pretty much reinvent the character.

It's a very very different Alan Partridge than the TV series.

Bit too normal for me. I prefer Alan a bit more extreme.

Still very funny though, but it's Alan's less weird but similar younger brother. Basically Steve Coogan playing himself.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Have always loved Partridge and this didn't let me down. In the same region as Hot Fuzz - home grown and parochial, and all the more enjoyable because it wasn't overtly pandering to a US audience. Will probably go again because there are so many gags. Great fun.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Really enjoyed it. Not a 10/10 for me but, considering how crap most English TV to film conversions are, an absolute triumph. Love AP even if I can never quite make my mind up on Coogan himself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here