US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
I'm afraid I'm not
Of course it's not a deterrent
You seem to be clutching at straws here
Let's be clear
If you can't do the time,don't do the crime
Jesus Christ, you literally just did it again.

So in other words, the punishment should deter you from doing the crime.

I don't understand why you can't grasp this?

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
Jesus Christ, you literally just did it again.

So in other words, the punishment should deter you from doing the crime.

I don't understand why you can't grasp this?
Carry on talking to yourself
I'm off to watch the football

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Had you thought that your comment could also be dumb? Whilst murders continue to happen of course, how do you know how many people considering murder might just have been put off by the thought of capital punishment? So it is hardly a fact, as it cannot be proven.
Yet in America where they have the death penalty, out of the G7 countries they have by far and away the worst rate of murders! You can't read the mind of every individual, so you only draw conclusions/opinion from the statistics. So, no I don't think my comment was dumb.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm afraid I'm not
Of course it's not a deterrent
You seem to be clutching at straws here
Let's be clear

And that's not claiming it's a deterrent :facepalm:

Here's a couple of very simple facts.

The death penalty does not deter people from killing.
If you have the Death Penalty you will kill innocent people.

If your blood lust overrides those two facts then fine. But at least have the balls to admit you're overriding belief is an eye for an eye. Because that's always worked well :dunce:

Carry on talking to yourself
I'm off to watch the football

I would do the same as you after your last few posts. After all, you wouldn't want to appear stupid :wink:

Last edited:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
No execution is pleasant it’s not meant to be , but that is what the Americans want ,
if they are going to execute someone , don’t know why they just don5 use a firing squad, it’s quick and efficient
Saddam Hussain wanted to be executed by firing squad rather than hanging. I guess because it looks more military than criminal. Probably less humiliating when having an audience involved.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We need a poll.
Madame Guillotine for me.
You can do a ‘where will the head finish up’ type game like Bradley Walsh compares.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Why is revenge not allowed? Eye for an eye and all that. Lots of people want that and couldn’t care less about deterrent argument.
Because most people have a mental age greater than the average toddler

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
I don't know too much about the case, but given the choice, I'd rather this than a killer being released like here in the UK. Lee Rigby's killers, a 2 year olds dad slautered. Lucy Letby taking the lifes of babies, ruining lifes of families. The suicides where families can't cope with loss. But hey let's protect the rights of these people.
In my opinion, if you take a life, you must be punished for it, not able to sit in a cell with a tv, hot water & having a chance of release for being well behaved!
That's all more extreme than what is being debated here.
You could look at it on a case by case basis, but my goodness, human rights go way too far in such cases.
If anything happened to my family and I get to them before the justice system does, they'd wish they'd have gone by being gassed.
Just think of all the extra money we would have to help those in need, the people who deserve to be treated fairly, that is where we should be talking about human rights.

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I don't know too much about the case, but given the choice, I'd rather this than a killer being released like here in the UK. Lee Rigby's killers, a 2 year olds dad slautered. Lucy Letby taking the lifes of babies, ruining lifes of families. The suicides where families can't cope with loss. But hey let's protect the rights of these people.
In my opinion, if you take a life, you must be punished for it, not able to sit in a cell with a tv, hot water & having a chance of release for being well behaved!
That's all more extreme than what is being debated here.
You could look at it on a case by case basis, but goodness human rights go way too far in such cases.
If anything happened to my family and I get to them before the justice system does, they'd wish they'd have gone by being gassed.
Just think of all the extra money we would have to help those in need, the people who deserve to be treated fairly.
And after all that you ignore the possibility of a miscarriage of justice. Guildford four, Birmingham six, etc etc.

What if a member of you family was falsely convicted of murder and executed????

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
And after all that you ignore the possibility of a miscarriage of justice. Guildford four, Birmingham six, etc etc.

What if a member of you family was falsely convicted of murder and executed????
I referenced case by case. There are such cases where it is cut and dry, Lee Rigby'a killer being a prime example. Is it right to let them live? Not in my view, take my taxes and use them for a good purpose, not to house an animal.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I referenced case by case. There are such cases where it is cut and dry, Lee Rigby'a killer being a prime example. Is it right to let them live? Not in my view, take my taxes and use them for a good purpose, not to house an animal.

I only posted this a page ago but you obviously didn't read that far back or remember, so here are cases where it is 'cut and dried'

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Did matey deny his culpability before he died?

Yes you've made it clear that you want 'an eye for an eye' and people killed.

Because you've made it blindingly obvious that you have nothing to say about the simple facts that it is not a deterrent and innocent people will be killed :shrug:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
You illegally commited murder.

So we're going to legally commit murder?

You of sick mind shot someone with a gun 34 years ago.

So we of sound mind will use Nitrogen gas and asphyxiate you over 25 minutes, 34 years later.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Yes you've made it clear that you want 'an eye for an eye' and people killed.

Because you've made it obvious that you have nothing to say on the simple facts that it is not a deterrent and innocent people will be killed :shrug:
Just to clarify your position, is it against capital punishment per se or concerns over possible miscarriages of justice?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here