[Albion] Ajax - ticketing process, tiers and all that jazz

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Trying to sign up on the Ajax website, verified email but it won’t let me go any further - guess they’ve stopped UK email addresses joining the site.

I’ll be in Amsterdam with or without a ticket, I’m sure there will be a couple thousand of us without tickets who will all congregate somewhere
Yup,.. looking forward to a day and night of cultural exchanges with friends/foes... I know my flight from Bristol has a number of west country exiles on it... more the merrier.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Trying to sign up on the Ajax website, verified email but it won’t let me go any further - guess they’ve stopped UK email addresses joining the site.

I’ll be in Amsterdam with or without a ticket, I’m sure there will be a couple thousand of us without tickets who will all congregate somewhere
Yep.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Virtually the end of first day of sales and 360 left.
There may be a few first tier people who have forgotten today is the day or have something more important on their plate and are yet to buy. However i cannot see it being that many so should be over 300 i would think for Monday.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Virtually the end of first day of sales and 360 left.
There may be a few first tier people who have forgotten today is the day or have something more important on their plate and are yet to buy. However i cannot see it being that many so should be over 300 i would think for Monday.
Sounds about right really, 15% or so of those who registered and were in T1 decide they can’t go for whatever reason. Carnage on Monday at 9am for a few minutes.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
As I said before.... and i have this verified from 2 separate Ajax fans , no issues with buying from a 3rd party and no one will be checking to see if you're English....just the usual common sense don't go mental if/when we score!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
You jest but I think my point is even more justified now.

There’s around 350 tickets left for tier 2 - that will be a complete lottery.

Very harsh on those who just missed on out tier 1… Very lucky for those who just scraped into tier 2…
Yep; I jest. Yep, I agree.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Sounds about right really, 15% or so of those who registered and were in T1 decide they can’t go for whatever reason. Carnage on Monday at 9am for a few minutes.
Which is why the tiers seem so wrong. If I had 260 points and I suddenly realised I was jostling with people on 220 I’d be a tad annoyed. Ah well, privileged world problems.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m coming at it more from the angle that it’s harsh on those who are on 264, as they are thrown in to compete with those on 221. That’s a pretty big gap. I know the line has to be drawn somewhere, but would it not be more fair to stagger it with more tiers something like:

Tier 1 - 265+
Tier 2 - 250-264
Tier 3 - 235-249
Tier 4 -220-234

Could perhaps be separated by a few hours for each slot.
This game was always going to be the most attractive fixture for a few reasons. I’m sure the club recognized that Tier 1 uptake would be high and created tier 2 accordingly.

I have no idea how many are in T2 but assuming a thousand then it’s a 1 in 3 chance of getting a ticket which doesn’t seem too bad? All things considered I feel the club have done this as well as they could.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Worth pointing out that Ajax and Marseille are two of the bigger allocations in the competition. Should we progress - and we'll need to improve - the allocations may be smaller.

In totally unrelated news, plenty of tickets left for 15 pointer Everton on the ticket site.
How come we only get 5 points for going to Marseille but 15 to Everton?

It’s less about loyalty and more about incentivizing fans to attend a shit ground to see a shit team.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

It’s less about loyalty and more about incentivizing fans to attend a shit ground to see a shit team.
I’d want more than 15 points to watch a Dyche team :lol:

Seriously, it is a bit odd.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
This game was always going to be the most attractive fixture for a few reasons. I’m sure the club recognized that Tier 1 uptake would be high and created tier 2 accordingly.

I have no idea how many are in T2 but assuming a thousand then it’s a 1 in 3 chance of getting a ticket which doesn’t seem too bad? All things considered I feel the club have done this as well as they could.
Marseille had similar gaps between tier 1 and 2 but the threshold for tier 1 was far higher at 308 points. Tier 2 for Marseille was at 230 points.

Those tickets hung around all the way down the tiers. Maybe the club assumed that lots had pre-registered without intending to attend (as they had with Marseille) and they’ve just miscalculated. As we can’t see the data we’ll never know.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
As I said before.... and i have this verified from 2 separate Ajax fans , no issues with buying from a 3rd party and no one will be checking to see if you're English....just the usual common sense don't go mental if/when we score!
Yeah, but you told us Hinshlewood was shit too.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Which is why the tiers seem so wrong. If I had 260 points and I suddenly realised I was jostling with people on 220 I’d be a tad annoyed. Ah well, privileged world problems.
Yep, whatever they do they can't please all. 10 point sales bands would take forever!

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Marseille had similar gaps between tier 1 and 2 but the threshold for tier 1 was far higher at 308 points. Tier 2 for Marseille was at 230 points.

Those tickets hung around all the way down the tiers. Maybe the club assumed that lots had pre-registered without intending to attend (as they had with Marseille) and they’ve just miscalculated. As we can’t see the data we’ll never know.
Ah yes but don't forget for Marseille the top 2 tiers were both guaranteed a ticket so equivalent of 1 tier for ajax.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Isn’t the definition of loyalty in football terms watching your team at a shit ground against a shit team ???

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
…..depends how many are in T2 though. If it’s 3,000, then maybe it is wrong, if it’s 500, then it’s fine but we simply don’t know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports