Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ajax Parking Tickets

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I went on 87 mins and ran with my son to the bridge and got straight out. Home by 10. Unfortunately that is what I need to do if I start work the next day at 7am. The game was petering out by that point also.
Having not left that early before, I was amazed how many people were already outside the stadium, with most speedwalking/jogging/making their way hurriedly to the transport of their choosing.

If anything sums up the Amex transport problems it was that scene. If you didn't know better you'd think there was an armed man on the loose.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Probably took us an hour to get from the Bridge to Coldean Lane last night on leaving at the final whistle. I’m never using the Bridge again, I don’t mind the late nights but just being sat in that queue knowing I had a four hour drive ahead of me was pretty demoralising.
I can imagine. Just getting back to Worthing feels difficult enough.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
left as the players enetered the tunnel. waited to leave the bridge for 30-40 mins. as soon as the stewards wave you off we were on our way. I feared the worst at first and thought it was ok after the event.

I usually leave at 88th min as I have a 7 and 10 year old.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
My boy was trying to get me to leave in stoppage time but I insisted we stay and give the players a well-deserved clap. Cost us about 45 mins getting out of the Bridge and got home just before 1, but got to set a good example! Somehow it actually took us longer to get back than it did when we were at Mill Road for the Athens game!

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
Luckily for us we only have to get back to Crawley after the game, so we slowly walk down to the Bridge Car Park, sit in the car for around 30 mins, having coffee and snacks, talking about the game, before we even try to exit the car park and normally we can drive straight out. No stress at all.

I appreciate it must be very frustrating if you have a long way to go or have work/school the next day, that you would want to get away quickly but for us the Bridge is a good option when it is late kick off or the trains are not running etc.

Last edited:

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
, sit in the car for around 30 mins, having coffee and snacks, talking about the game, before we even try to exit the car park and normally we can drive straight out. No stress at all.
Love this, everyone is always in such a panic and end up acting like arseholes (not just at football, everywhere) - great attitude!

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
This thought came to mind during the second half last night as I hate the post-match Bridge experience.

I timed the additional time so after two-and-a-half minutes of the "minimum three minutes added time" myself and my son worked our way from our WSU seats (much to the obvious disgust of @Mellor 3 Ward 4 and @Kuipers Supporters Club!) and ran all the way to the Bridge.

This in itself was amazing because I'm not supposed to be running currently, so it was fantastic to just stretch my legs and run for a bit. It's only 2/3 of a mile according to the Footpath app, and we got to the car and almost straight out of the car park where I could wait for my other two passengers to join us.

But, I do feel guilty now as I didn't clap the players off the pitch. Last night I was thinking "I won't do that again" but I'm not so sure this morning, such is my annoyance at being trapped in the Bridge post-match.
It's incredible how 30 seconds or so makes such a difference at the Bridge. Normally one of our party leaves dead on the final whistle and jogs to the Bridge and just about escape before the traffic backs up. Last night I raced out on the final whistle from West Lower, jogged non stop to the car and we still got stuck for a good half hour there and another half hour once through the tunnel. A little part of me dies whenever I don't clap the team off though but it does make a huge difference.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here