Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ajax Parking Tickets

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is it a long job getting out of the Uni post match
I prefer the uni post-match - seems quicker to get out, but that may be because you seem to move forward quite regularly, unlike The Bridge where it feels like you're stationary for about five hours before you get to move.

NottinghamGull

Sep 21, 2023
Nottingham
Just got one at University. 30 places available. If it’s like the last game weather wise then I’d rather wait in a dry car than a 30 minute walk to JustPark booking which has now been cancelled

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Also just got a uni one.

thanks whoever runs NSC twitter feed.

be able to walk past the Ajax hoards at the station bridge…..

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Never parked at uni before but im 1901 tomorrow (thinly vailled look at me) what’s it like getting out of there?

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
I take it that the usual P & R are running as normal tomorrow night ? Travelling down from Suffolk and planning on Mill Rd

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I prefer the uni post-match - seems quicker to get out, but that may be because you seem to move forward quite regularly, unlike The Bridge where it feels like you're stationary for about five hours before you get to move.
I can't see anywhere what time the Uni opens, is it 6pm?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If I'm by myself, I can jog back to the Bridge on the final whistle and pretty much drive straight out. With Junior Orange it is almost the same, but if Dad is along for the ride we'll hang back on the concourse and enjoy a pint of Harveys.
This thought came to mind during the second half last night as I hate the post-match Bridge experience.

I timed the additional time so after two-and-a-half minutes of the "minimum three minutes added time" myself and my son worked our way from our WSU seats (much to the obvious disgust of @Mellor 3 Ward 4 and @Kuipers Supporters Club!) and ran all the way to the Bridge.

This in itself was amazing because I'm not supposed to be running currently, so it was fantastic to just stretch my legs and run for a bit. It's only 2/3 of a mile according to the Footpath app, and we got to the car and almost straight out of the car park where I could wait for my other two passengers to join us.

But, I do feel guilty now as I didn't clap the players off the pitch. Last night I was thinking "I won't do that again" but I'm not so sure this morning, such is my annoyance at being trapped in the Bridge post-match.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
This thought came to mind during the second half last night as I hate the post-match Bridge experience.

I timed the additional time so after two-and-a-half minutes of the "minimum three minutes added time" myself and my son worked our way from our WSU seats (much to the obvious disgust of @Mellor 3 Ward 4 and @Kuipers Supporters Club!) and ran all the way to the Bridge.

This in itself was amazing because I'm not supposed to be running currently, so it was fantastic to just stretch my legs and run for a bit. It's only 2/3 of a mile according to the Footpath app, and we got to the car and almost straight out of the car park where I could wait for my other two passengers to join us.

But, I do feel guilty now as I didn't clap the players off the pitch. Last night I was thinking "I won't do that again" but I'm not so sure this morning, such is my annoyance at being trapped in the Bridge post-match.
Probably took us an hour to get from the Bridge to Coldean Lane last night on leaving at the final whistle. I’m never using the Bridge again, I don’t mind the late nights but just being sat in that queue knowing I had a four hour drive ahead of me was pretty demoralising.

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
I went on 87 mins and ran with my son to the bridge and got straight out. Home by 10. Unfortunately that is what I need to do if I start work the next day at 7am. The game was petering out by that point also.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here