[Albion] Ajax Goal Celebrations - Beer Throwing Bans?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You really do seem to love your avenues of whataboutery. Extrapolating a 5 match ban for beer-luzzing to a lifetime ban for a driving offence is like comparing an apple to Philip Schofields favourite scatter cushions.

Completely abstract and pointless.
You do make me giggle.....

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013

The thing I have taken from that is the club's approach to banning fans is appalling, like a kangaroo court.

Not that this is news. The independent ombudsman has said as much in previous findings... which the club then went and publicly dismissed.

No wonder Bloom and Barber are so against a regulator for football.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The thing I have taken from that is the club's approach to banning fans is appalling, like a kangaroo court.

Not that this is news. The independent ombudsman has said as much in previous findings... which the club then went and publicly dismissed.

No wonder Bloom and Barber are so against a regulator for football.
Surely the club are simply trusting the Ajax interpretation, the same we expected Palace to do over the fans that broke into the away end.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

1700136484172.png

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Surely the club are simply trusting the Ajax interpretation, the same we expected Palace to do over the fans that broke into the away end.
Yes, the person might have been "unlucky" in that he was caught what others presumably got away with, but he conveniently ignores 2 things: Don't do what most other folk would consider to be a stupid act in a packed area, and be consistent -by his logic, the burglar entering his house and ,say, stealing goods to the value of thousands should not be prosecuted, as others do it and don't get caught.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
'Minutes later we scored. My friend throws his beer (keeps hold of the cup) . I throw mine, not paying any attention to where it ends up.'
It was silly from me, it wasn’t a deliberate act and it wasn’t anything different than what a lot of other fans have done'

:facepalm:
He needs to be given access to the CCTV footage. I look forward to the frame by frame analysis, where he is able to demonstrate that due to the angle of his arm the throwing action was entirely involuntary and only willing participants were covered in the remnants of his point of Henieken anyway.

Ratso2005

Dec 4, 2004
Thing is, at least three cups were luzzed well after the initial goal celebration, in a deliberate attempt to get them over the glass/perspex. They landed on the polythene on the other side and partially obstructed (or at least slightly polluted) the already compromised view we had.

Hardly the worst crime ever committed at a football match, but just the usual inconsiderate, antisocial 'the rules are different when you're at football' bollocks.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
He needs to be given access to the CCTV footage. I look forward to the frame by frame analysis, where he is able to demonstrate that due to the angle of his arm the throwing action was entirely involuntary and only willing participants were covered in the remnants of his point of Henieken anyway.
Frame by frame you can see that his arm is in a natural position - not a penalty.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

He nudged my arm, I was entitled to throw it randomly in the air.... and anyway it always looks worse in slow motion :thumbsup:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

If the club haven’t seen the footage then it does seem like this chap has been banned for being honest and admitting he did something silly.

I wonder what would have happened if he had claimed it was a case of mistaken identity. Would the club have bothered to get the CCTV at that point, believed him or doubled down on the punishment?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Good grief the club really don’t have any of its supporters backs does it. Ajax say a few Brighton fan did this or that that and they simply believe them as according to them they do not have any CCTV access from Ajax.
Covering supporters backs is what got him into this mess, unless I am very much mistaken.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
They
If the club haven’t seen the footage then it does seem like this chap has been banned for being honest and admitting he did something silly.

I wonder what would have happened if he had claimed it was a case of mistaken identity. Would the club have bothered to get the CCTV at that point, believed him or doubled down on the punishment?
They banned the man who saved the club what do you think 🧐

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports