Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ajax Goal Celebrations - Beer Throwing Bans?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just trying to decide if I would prefer a loss and stay dry in Athens or a win and come away stinking of beer
Point of order:

The stinking of beer line doesn’t take into account the facts that a) it pissed down for three days solid. One quick walk and your clothes were washed. B) Anyone the right age and not a tea totaler was on it for at least two days and probably stunk of booze anyway unless c) they had walked into a place selling hash in which case everything about you will have smelled of skunk for three days just from walking over the threshold.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just trying to decide if I would prefer a loss and stay dry in Athens or a win and come away stinking of beer
Booze will be banned in Athens I reckon. You can have both.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Could I just check I've understood this.

Spill beer- fine.
Throw beer in air - annoying but it's high spirited "scenes".
Throw beer including container in air - still scenes but really you're being a bit of a twat.
Launch beer in container substantial distance - right twat.
As above but towards home fans - ban.

Seems fine.
Seems to be my understanding, personally I don’t believe anyone’s been banned for creating a ‘golden shower’ or making the inside roof of the stand wet.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Point of order:

The stinking of beer line doesn’t take into account the facts that a) it pissed down for three days solid. One quick walk and your clothes were washed. B) Anyone the right age and not a tea totaler was on it for at least two days and probably stunk of booze anyway unless c) they had walked into a place selling hash in which case everything about you will have smelled of skunk for three days just from walking over the threshold.
It may have rained for 3 days but the roof was shut and I was actually dry at kick off time.
It wasn’t raining hard after the game, so my clothes didn’t get washed.
As you say, only those “the right age” were too drunk to care. The rest of us just had to “accept” their inconsiderate use of beer.

As I said in an earlier post, I’ve been celebrating goals wildly for over 50 years. It is not necessary to throw liquid over other people to enjoy a goal celebration.

However, it seems like nobody is going to change their view, so I imagine it’ll take more heavy handedness from the club to stop the anti-social behaviour.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It may have rained for 3 days but the roof was shut and I was actually dry at kick off time.
As you say, only those “the right age” were too drunk to care. The rest of us just had to “accept” their inconsiderate use of beer.

As I said in an earlier post, I’ve been celebrating goals wildly for over 50 years. It is not necessary to throw liquid over other people to enjoy a goal celebration.

However, it seems like nobody is going to change their view, so I imagine it’ll take more heavy handedness from the club to stop the anti-social behaviour.
You must have a fantastic jacket.

Everyone near us got drenched.

Agree with the rest 😃👍

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

I’m just making the point that for many there were plenty of other chances to have encounters with smelly stuff. Probably 80% of people in the ground and 100% of those without tickets were on the lash.

I appreciate that’s far from ideal if you’ve got to go back for dinner on a cruise ship but I doubt that’s what was in people’s minds when we scored the second.

FWIW I don’t agree with beer showers or luzzing objects but can we please all stop going on about it like it was Beirut in the 80s. I’d rather have a bit of beer on me after an Albion goal then spend an afternoon getting coined like used to regularly happen.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
Point of order:

i was seriously miffed about being covered in beer - seriously miffed dont mind drinking it -DONT WANT TO WEAR IT

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Could I just check I've understood this.

Spill beer- fine.
Throw beer in air - annoying but it's high spirited "scenes".
Throw beer including container in air - still scenes but really you're being a bit of a twat.
Launch beer in container substantial distance - right twat.
As above but towards home fans - ban.

Seems fine.
Thread winner !

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Thread winner !
This was my favourite :lolol:

IMG_1296.jpeg

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I’m just making the point that for many there were plenty of other chances to have encounters with smelly stuff. Probably 80% of people in the ground and 100% of those without tickets were on the lash.

I appreciate that’s far from ideal if you’ve got to go back for dinner on a cruise ship but I doubt that’s what was in people’s minds when we scored the second.

FWIW I don’t agree with beer showers or luzzing objects but can we please all stop going on about it like it was Beirut in the 80s. I’d rather have a bit of beer on me after an Albion goal then spend an afternoon getting coined like used to regularly happen.
A rather stilted and convenient comparison, is it not? Yes, getting coined was unpleasant, and so is getting wet from beer , and there are many complaints on here from fans who had far more than "a bit of beer" on their clothes.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

I understand your point, but already I find myself avoiding concourses and places like Boxpark/fan zones because of this recent trend of throwing beer around. It’s really unnecessary and needs to be stopped before it becomes acceptable behaviour.
I’ve always enjoyed the drinking part of a football day, but it’s slowly disappearing from my match day experience.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
A rather stilted and convenient comparison, is it not? Yes, getting coined was unpleasant, and so is getting wet from beer , and there are many complaints on here from fans who had far more than "a bit of beer" on their clothes.
Bodies piling up, permanent disfigurement rife. It’s a wonder those animals were allowed out of the country.

:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here