Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ajax fans tomorrow night

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Know it all midfield general, that’s quite funny and probably true sometimes, fair comment.
I will put a check on myself, sorry.
I stand by handbags though, compared to stuff most of us have seen before.
To the 13 year old girl in front of me (see vid on other thread for where I was standing) it wasn't handbags. She was very scared indeed.

Some people on here may think having barriers thrown around is handbags but there were others there who didn't share that hard man attitude.

It also amazes me that some seem to have a threshold of an acceptable level of violence at football games.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Why!? Seems very strange considering they were being held back after the game anyway to prevent any trouble

No idea but heard it from someone that works for Sodexo. Presumably it was a police or “safety” decision. They were particularly pissed off at being held back with no beer while they wait.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Anyone know how long the Ajax fans were held back after he game
About 30-40 minutes I think. Just as I was getting to the front of the mill road park & ride queue loads of them suddenly started aimlessly walking around the coach car park. It seemed like they had been released but nobody had pointed them in the right direction for buses to the city centre. About 400/500 people just milling about in amongst all the buses looking very confused. Some ended up on mill road buses accidentally.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
In the league table of Europa visiting fans it is very clear it's this so far:

1) AEK Athens
2) Ajax

Didn't really turn up did they. That said if my team defended our half like that with no attacking intent I think I'd struggle to get involved as well.

Looking forward to Marseille turning up with a little more punch, both on the pitch and in the stands.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Met a really decent couple of chaps on the concourse, gave us tips on Amsterdam and were loving the advice to keep a low profile should they score and the watery Heineken.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
No that was handbags

Actually think it was a BINbag being thrown.
1698394135919.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here