Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ajax Amsterdam

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Apart from 'Dam Square' - is there a specific place us Brighton fans are heading?
Some will quickly realise that DAM Square too early will be just another square. Some are heading out on the 13/17 tram line and heading to a few bars / eateries along the Raadhuisstraat.

charlievirgo

Sep 15, 2023
Some will quickly realise that DAM Square too early will be just another square. Some are heading out on the 13/17 tram line and heading to a few bars / eateries along the Raadhuisstraat.
Agreed about dam Square. I have been giving a few recommendations for those that want to stay central - the Grasshopper pub (for day of the game) and Molly Malones Irish bar for the Wednesday night.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Agreed about dam Square. I have been giving a few recommendations for those that want to stay central - the Grasshopper pub (for day of the game) and Molly Malones Irish bar for the Wednesday night.

I am tempted by the above.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
For those making the trip, a reminder (or if you’ve not already heard this) that hotel prices have gone down. If you are able to cancel (for free) and re-book, it’s worth looking at what you’d save.
This is a great tip. Just knocked £130 off my hotel booking and got a better room. Thank you!

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
For those making the trip, a reminder (or if you’ve not already heard this) that hotel prices have gone down. If you are able to cancel (for free) and re-book, it’s worth looking at what you’d save.
Thank you for the heads up, it's something I hadn't considered. I had originally booked a twin room for two nights in the Flower market area through booking.com with free cancellation up to 24 hrs before arrival.

I've just booked exactly the same room deal for £70 less, once again through booking.com

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Ajax have a league game tonight (Thurs 7pm) at home to Volendam.
My initial thought was that it was generous of the Dutch League to bring forward their weekend game to give them some recovery time.
Then I spotted that they have another league game on Sunday when they entertain Heerenveen.

Hopefully they'll be knackered and also pick up a couple of injuries before next Thursday.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My hotel is fully booked. Out of interest, and excuse my ignorance, why have prices gone down?

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Chuba Akpom makes it 2-0 to Ajax in the 92nd min.
And now it is full time. Ajax are out of the relegation zone whilst their opponents, Volendam, are in it.
Ajax hadn't won in ten matches before today but that streak is over.
Now they will focus on Heerenveen at home on the Sunday, Ajax's last match before they play us in Amsterdam.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Ajax have a league game tonight (Thurs 7pm) at home to Volendam.
My initial thought was that it was generous of the Dutch League to bring forward their weekend game to give them some recovery time.
Then I spotted that they have another league game on Sunday when they entertain Heerenveen.

Hopefully they'll be knackered and also pick up a couple of injuries before next Thursday.
It was something to do with the abandonment of the Feyenoord game a week or two back, I believe, which meant a last-minute rejigging of fixtures. I can’t be bothered looking it up but I read somewhere that tonight’s opponents were very unhappy about being unwitting victims of the Ajax fans' violence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here