Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Airfix all the way!

R71c06a2371d0eea4d676af504a8dbee0.jpg

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I have a Revell Emirates A380 on top of my wardrobe still in the box I bought about 10+ years ago. Also have 2 Revell Statue of Liberty unopen boxes I bought in New York back in the early 90s

It must be a flipping strong wardrobe!

Having made kit after kit way back in my yoof, with all this lockdown nonsense getting on top of me, l've now decided to go back to the hobby. In the past couple of months l have put together three very basic kits, an Airfix Hawker Hurricane, and two Frog models, a Spitfire and a Curtis Kittyhawk, all in 1/72 scale.

Now for a more challenging build though, an Airfix Handley Page Halifax. Wish me luck!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I have renewed my interest (nearly 60 now) though my older eyes and fingers are a bit (no, a lot) clumsier than they used to be. I have restricted myself to 1:72 Spitfires and related models with 36 completed and another 40 unstarted in the cupboard, but my wife bought me the Airfix Motorhead Bomber kit for my birthday this year!

Most kits come from Hannants online or eBay.

Exactly what l am doing, albeit about a year behind you. Hope it's still going well!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When I was a kid, many years ago, my mother gave me a 10 shilling note to buy a model . I spent all of it on a model of the Bismarck. She was not impressed, she was expecting change :lolol:

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly
Many a happy Sunday afternoon and evening sitting with my old man building models.. I remember the old glue made me very light headed! Tamiya models are the best imo.. the details and the quality are magnificent. Revell are good and have a great range and I think have got better since when i was young.

Who remembers going to the model fair at the Brighton Centre? The steamboats and the subs in the pool was always great.Not sure if it’s still going??

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It is. I've got four in production and four replacements in the post!

It sounds like you have started a whole cottage industry there, mightly impressive.

If all goes well, and my Halibag turns out to be ok, l've decided to try to put together an example of each of the British bombers of World War Two, namely a Lancaster, Stirling, Wellington, Hampden, Whitley, and Battle.

Unfotunately it appears that the Airfix model of the Fairey Battle is long since obsolete, so trying to find one for my stash is proving nigh on impossible.

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
Who remembers going to the model fair at the Brighton Centre? The steamboats and the subs in the pool was always great.Not sure if it’s still going??

Sadly Modelworld is no more. Despite a few thousand still visiting it over the duration of its extended weekend, their costs meant it was no longer viable. I think the last one was 4or 5 years back now.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
It sounds like you have started a whole cottage industry there, mightly impressive.

If all goes well, and my Halibag turns out to be ok, l've decided to try to put together an example of each of the British bombers of World War Two, namely a Lancaster, Stirling, Wellington, Hampden, Whitley, and Battle.

Unfotunately it appears that the Airfix model of the Fairey Battle is long since obsolete, so trying to find one for my stash is proving nigh on impossible.
I am continually tempted by bombers but there are so many Spitfires to do! And they won't fit in my cabinet.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Wouldn't want to fly it with the windscreen in that condition, you wouldn't see where you were going! :lolol:

Funny you should mention that, Mrs Jakarta has treated me to a genuine twin seater Spitfire Flight at some point this year out of Boultbee Flight Academy Goodwood and I did a simulator session (brilliant by the way) early last month in again a genuine MkIX cockpit and I'm not big, maybe 5 foot 8 and 13 odd stone but by Christ it was a tight fit.

Your shoulders touch both sides of the cockpit and your head isn't far from the canopy. I would imagine there weren't too many six foot Spitfire Pilots. Also getting out would be a very difficult experience, especially if wounded. Got a brief tour of the Hangar to look at two of their four (four!) Spitfires undergoing maintenance. Absolute bucket list, want to loop and roll over Sullington!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here