Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Airfix/Revell etc. model kits.

el punal

I work down the road from there and drive past it on the way to/from work...i could easily and happily spend hundreds on trains if I had the chance. I still intend to recreate the railway station my village used to have, when I have the time and money.

Barnham would be a good choice, everything stops there - forever! Rumour has it there a couple of skeletons in the gents toilet. :ohmy:

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
35BF0B27-6003-4103-BEDA-18E939877012.jpeg

A bit late to the party chaps, but this lockdown business has led me to discover the wonderful world of really-B**tard-fiddly model making.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
View attachment 126475

A bit late to the party chaps, but this lockdown business has led me to discover the wonderful world of really-B**tard-fiddly model making.

good stuff... picked up one of my unpainted model soldiers that i found in the garage and started painting yesterday, its a long time since i have done that (40+ years) but think my poor eyesight and shakes have caught up on me.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
View attachment 126475

Very nice, I've got a kit to build of the Queen Elizabeth class battleship my Grandad served on during the war. If it turns out half as nice as yours I'll be very happy.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Very nice, I've got a kit to build of the Queen Elizabeth class battleship my Grandad served on during the war. If it turns out half as nice as yours I'll be very happy.

If you can, I’d recommend getting a wooden deck On eBay for your model. They’re relatively cheap (around £10) and make a huge difference.

90A5D198-A381-4FED-BD40-88195FB05149.jpeg

matey

Mar 16, 2014
I have a Revell Emirates A380 on top of my wardrobe still in the box I bought about 10+ years ago. Also have 2 Revell Statue of Liberty unopen boxes I bought in New York back in the early 90s

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
If you can, I’d recommend getting a wooden deck On eBay for your model. They’re relatively cheap (around £10) and make a huge difference.

View attachment 126493

A lot of HMS Malaya's deck had been armour plated by the time my Grandad served on it - that is the reason it sits lower in the water in pictures of it in the second world war when compared to those from the first. I'm sure parts of it were still wooden though...

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I think HMS Hood had wooden decking, which with hindsight may have been a mistake.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have a Revell Emirates A380 on top of my wardrobe still in the box I bought about 10+ years ago. Also have 2 Revell Statue of Liberty unopen boxes I bought in New York back in the early 90s

Time you got your finger out? ???

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I still see a lot of unopened 'hobby' kits at car boot sales. It's one of the things that takes me back to my childhood.....that, subbuteo and H&E:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here