Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Airbus tells UK employees a vote to leave EU could make it rethink future

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
No shit!

You'd still vote leave if Nigel Farage himself did a 180 degree U Turn and joined the remainers on the back of double blind, scientifically sound evidence that by staying in every man jack in this country would earn several thousand pounds extra, get to drive a new Roller every weekend and receive a ration book for a monthly blow job off Audrey Tautou.

Make it weekly and I'd reconsider.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well, to some extent you have a point, Having read your post I did Google "Airbus EU subsidy" and bless my soul what did I find?

https://www.wto.org/english/tratop_e/dispu_e/cases_e/ds316_e.htm

If Airbus is going to leave the UK they will certainly not be getting the money from the EU as they would have less money to throw about.

Their 6 executives are pro EU shills, as always with the EU its just about the money............our money.

The US are moaning because the EU are doing their job and helping member countries by cross-border investment in manufacturing? What point are you trying to make exactly?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Blimey. What is it about self-determination that sends the willies up the Remainers? This survey is interesting. A majority of Brexiteers want out for positive reasons, a majority of Remainers want to stay in because they're afraid.

dqnl7c.jpg

And if anyone says...but our trade with Europe blah, blah, blah. The UK is less dependent on exports than any other EU country and 3rd lowest dependent on imports. We'll be fine if we go it alone. The world won't stop turning, milk won't go green, we won't be bankrupt.

2qx1b2o.jpg

Workers of the UK unite. You have nothing to lose but your chains.

But surely a similar set of emotions applies to almost any choice between the status quo and change? Imagine I was considering buying an nice new car. If I eventually decided not to it wouldn't be because I was excited about my present car, it would be because I was concerned about the cost of the new one and whether I'd be able to afford it. If I decided that I was going to go for it it would be because I thought, blow it, it should be OK, I can do some overtime if things get tight.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
But surely a similar set of emotions applies to almost any choice between the status quo and change? Imagine I was considering buying an nice new car. If I eventually decided not to it wouldn't be because I was excited about my present car, it would be because I was concerned about the cost of the new one and whether I'd be able to afford it. If I decided that I was going to go for it it would be because I thought, blow it, it should be OK, I can do some overtime if things get tight.

No it isn't. Your analogy is completely wrong, in my opinion. You consider buying a new car because the old one is uneconomical and is becoming obsolescent, all cars have a useful life. The choice in the referendum is nothing like that. It's a choice between different political systems. The Remainers can't seem to find anything much positive about staying in when they should be singing its praises from the rooftops, extolling all the positive things about keeping put. It's been a piss-poor campaign from the Remain camp and that survey proves that. The Remain voters don't want to stay in because they think they see a golden future within the EU but because of the scare tactics of the Remain camp.

Negative, negative, negative.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Talking of EU and aeroplanes I'm looking forward to my 250 euros from EU261 for the Burnley flight **** up. When your chips are down its nice to know the EU is looking out for you.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
another day, another large corporation tells its workforce/customers/anyone listening that the people should be good European citizens and vote to stay in the EU.

...The Remainers can't seem to find anything much positive about staying in when they should be singing its praises from the rooftops, extolling all the positive things about keeping put.

you do the Remain campaign a great diservice, as this story show, they like to tell us how companies will think about investing here if we remain. how is that not positive?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
No it isn't. Your analogy is completely wrong, in my opinion. You consider buying a new car because the old one is uneconomical and is becoming obsolescent, all cars have a useful life. The choice in the referendum is nothing like that. It's a choice between different political systems. The Remainers can't seem to find anything much positive about staying in when they should be singing its praises from the rooftops, extolling all the positive things about keeping put. It's been a piss-poor campaign from the Remain camp and that survey proves that. The Remain voters don't want to stay in because they think they see a golden future within the EU but because of the scare tactics of the Remain camp.

I agree with all of that. The argument just seems to be it will be worse out, not better in. It has been a dreadful campaign. Fortunately the exit campaign hasn't focused too much on Farage and UKiP who i can't stand

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I agree with all of that. The argument just seems to be it will be worse out, not better in. It has been a dreadful campaign. Fortunately the exit campaign hasn't focused too much on Farage and UKiP who i can't stand

Agreed. Horrible man.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The argument just seems to be it will be worse out, not better in.

But logically speaking if it's worse out....... it will be better in.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I have seen dreadful campaigns from both sides of the divide. I'm loathe to call it a debate as there's been nothing but drivel from each camp.

We've had an email from our VC stating the uni's position, and as a consequence there's going to be a full debate on the issue with all staff and students invited.

There will be presentations from both sides, which is the way it should be done.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Remain offers the better option to sort out climate change
Remain offers the better option to sort out big finance
Remain offers the best option to sort out little englanders

Positive, positive, positive.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Whoda thunk it, another Brexit is bad for business shocker. But don't worry - we can write our own regulation and craft our own inferior trade deals on behalf of our ever diminishing pool of UK industry. So much lovely sovereignty to enjoy after the pound crashes and inward investment dries up.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Little Englanders? Oh do shush. That particular insult left the building about 10 years ago. Once again it's snide insinuations that it's racist to want self-determination. Negative, negative, negative. No-one buys that anymore.

Remain offers the best chance to sort out big finance? Really? If there was even the slightest hint that major finance and banking reform was on the cards with a Remain vote do you really think the head of the Stock Exchange would be urging people to vote to stay?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

since climate change and big finance both require global efforts to address them, being in the EU is a no benefit. in fact what we have seen is attempt to be seen to address the issues at a european level have been disasters for both issues (emissions focused on CO2 at expense of air quality; banking rules on asset classes forcing them to accept poor eurozone debt, perpetuating the soveriegn debt crisis).

im not sure how EU aims to "sort out the little Englanders", if indeed this is a problem that warrants EU level attention, more likely they be able to claim their human rights are being abused.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
You can be sure if these companies were threatening people not to vote remain then Cameron would have something to say however it's allowed to happen because it suits him.Personally I will be voting to leave because I only see clear signs of why it will be good to leave and the damage being in has caused whilst I haven't been shown any good reasons to remain.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
I don't care about the economics of it.I really don't.Even if it could be proved we would suffer if we left I don't care.I see it like a bad marriage.You've left your partner behind in a nice big house and now you can only afford a small 1 bed flat.You're now short of money and times are hard however although your suffering financially you're happy.Happy to be out of a bad marriage.I'll be happy to be out of the EU regardless of how we might suffer if we suffer.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

Leave is the better option full stop.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
im not sure how EU aims to "sort out the little Englanders", if indeed this is a problem that warrants EU level attention, more likely they be able to claim their human rights are being abused.

It's all getting a bit desperate from the Remainers. For years the Remain campaigners had this smug image of Brexit supporters fuelled by fear of immigration, fear of Johnny Foreigner and a vast consumption of Daily Mail bullshit being the negative, fearful ones. Well, this campaign has turned everything on its head. It's the Brexiteers who see a new hope and a positive future and the Remain camp just don't seem able to put together a cogent positive campaign and ironically are playing on people's fear of the unknown. If anyone has a closed mind, it's them.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Little Englanders? Oh do shush. That particular insult left the building about 10 years ago. Once again it's snide insinuations that it's racist to want self-determination. Negative, negative, negative. No-one buys that anymore.

Remain offers the best chance to sort out big finance? Really? If there was even the slightest hint that major finance and banking reform was on the cards with a Remain vote do you really think the head of the Stock Exchange would be urging people to vote to stay?

Carry on in fantasy land on that one. Vote leave wins and wave bye bye to Scotland. Then the little englanders will be able to say that we've got the tenth, eleventh, twelfth, ... largest economy and we'll really be able to sort out all these trade deals to our benefit. Meanwhile the world keeps spinning

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here