edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Do we want him to have a shocker?

Pro: price drop.

Con: might be a frequent future occurrence.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If GP is going to have us regularly playing 3 at the back plus wing-backs next season, and If he is offering Maitland-Niles a regular start as first choice LWB, then that might work.
It'll cost a lot, I imagine, and I'd still rather spend the money on a striker and make do with Burn/Bernardo/March at LWB. They haven't done badly this season after all.
I hope he doesn't come to us for midfield though - I'm kinda hooked on our stated aim to develop our own, and if excellent youngsters like Alzate and Molumby suddenly find themselves blocked by expensive incomers just at the point where they're expecting a chance to break through it won't offer much encouragement to other youngsters.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
He played in the semi, and this apparently is his 100th appearance for them, two reasons why he might be playing, despite potentially being of interest to us.

#HoldTheNerve (unless he has a shocker)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If he limps off with a minor thigh strain, but 'will be fine for the start of next season*', he's as good as ours.

*won't be fit till January.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
You can see already that Maitland Niles is better than anything we have on the left. Lightening fast. Hilarious that there was some turning their nose up at this one !!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No end product - sing him up. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here