Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Age restrictions at Amex?

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Different days, I used to walk right across Haywards Heath before I was 11 to save the bus money to buy cherry bitters at the sweet shop next to the Star, no I didn't go into the Star in those days!!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I wouldn’t let a 12 year old on a bus by themselves unless it was a school bus only for children at a particular school driven by a driver employed by the school . Like the Brighton College minibuses you see in town .
In the minority with that opinion, that’s for sure. Most kids wouldn’t be able to get to school if all parents thought the same.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Blimey. I went unaccompanied to my first game at the Goldstone age 11. With my 11 year old mate and our 8 year old brothers. That may well have warped my tiny mind. If my parents were alive today I would now be tempted to report them to the police.
We were going to Gillingham on the coach at 13-14, glorious.

I also saw my history teacher at an all day rave at Stamner Park when I was 15, the pre lesson discussion, skirting over how she and her brother were clearly NOT under the influence was interesting.

Different times, although doesn’t seem that long ago!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I Wouldn’t let any child in under 15 unaccompanied is what I meant to say
We know what you meant but I assume you don’t have kids and hate the noise of them disturbing your salmon and green vegetables with a crisp white

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Personally I would let any under 15 in by themselves . They are still children at the end of the day and need looking after .
Wow. Not suggesting sending kids up chimneys, but perhaps we need to let them grow up a little by themselves.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I heard Barbs was prepared to make a concession on flasks and bottle tops to over 80s provided they were accompanied by both parents.
Give it a rest…. Any opportunity to have a pop…..there are measures in place to allow flasks, bottles with tops, etc.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Wow. Not suggesting sending kids up chimneys, but perhaps we need to let them grow up a little by themselves.
It’s blatantly odd that our kids these days seem by and large to have a lot less freedom to go out and about and we think they’re safe in their rooms. Yet if they’re in they’ll odds on be on social media dissing and bullying each other and watching videos of chavvy wannabe gang bangers. Which in more than one case has led to a knife related death or social media inspired suicide.

Watching a football match must be safer by several factors these days.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
would be lovely to see a few young people under the age of 60 in ESU
I’m 51. Maybe I’ll get a transfer one of these days and show you geriatrics how it’s done, while considerably bringing down the average age.

Unfortunately I can no longer smuggle in a flask of Sanatogen. Will a bag of coke do instead?

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
It's over 12's but there's no way I'd consider letting a jnr less than yr 10 at school go on their own. Even then it would depend on the opponents! Maybe I'm just over protective but I wouldn't be buying tickets for a Palace match for a 12 year old.
It's not the match itself, it's getting to and from the stadium, you can't do stand to home pickup's.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
That may well have warped my tiny mind. If my parents were alive today I would now be tempted to report them to the police.
You must have been very neglected as a child. I recommend you exorcise your demons by getting your autobiography ghost written and taking out out your frustration and anger all those relatives who ignored you, beat you up, hate your wife, spread nasty stories about you to the neighbours, and pushed you out of the pram. Find a catchy one word title - maybe something like "Spare"

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's over 12's but there's no way I'd consider letting a jnr less than yr 10 at school go on their own. Even then it would depend on the opponents! Maybe I'm just over protective but I wouldn't be buying tickets for a Palace match for a 12 year old.
It's not the match itself, it's getting to and from the stadium, you can't do stand to home pickup's.
My 12 year old went with his mate for Villa at home, they did get dropped off though so the whole travel thing wasn’t an issue. He has been going since 5 so I wouldn’t have worried with them getting a train or bus either. Palace, Leeds or Chelsea might be a different matter though, and Villa was a 3pm, not sure I’d be so sure for anything later than that.

There’s more danger of a twat hitting them driving while texting while they’re walking to school than anything going to the Amex could throw at them, and he does that twice a day.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Plenty of 11/12 year olds can get (for example) two buses and get from say, Peacehaven to Cardinal Newman and back each day. I’m sure three 14 year olds can get to The Amex ok
I spoke to a work colleague a while back who couldn't believe that I was walking to school on my own by the age of seven. If I had turned up at Junior School accompanied by my Mum it would have been the ultimate humiliation. 'Mum, I'm EIGHT for crying out loud. This is so embarrassing'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here