Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Age restrictions at Amex?

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
“The boy” and his mates are (IMO) old enough to go on their own now and are showing interest in leaving me behind (they’re certainly older than I was when me an my mates went mob handed to The Goldstone)
Is there a lower limit at The Amex? (it’ll be in the East Family Stand) I thought I read something once but can’t find it.

Google hasn’t been my friend on this and I’m not emailing the club at this stage (don’t want to draw attention to myself)

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Surely “Family Stand” means adults plus kids, not just kids

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
“The boy” and his mates are (IMO) old enough to go on their own now and are showing interest in leaving me behind (they’re certainly older than I was when me an my mates went mob handed to The Goldstone)
Is there a lower limit at The Amex? (it’ll be in the East Family Stand) I thought I read something once but can’t find it.

Google hasn’t been my friend on this and I’m not emailing the club at this stage (don’t want to draw attention to myself)
12+

2.13. Children under 12 are not permitted to attend a Match at the Stadium unless accompanied by an adult 18 years and over. Children up to 2 years old (24 months), are not required to have their own seat and may sit on the lap of their parent/guardian. Lap children can only be held by an adult aged 18 years and over. Only one lap child is allowed per adult. If one adult is attending with more than one infant under 2 years of age, a seat will have to be purchased for each additional infant. Alternatively, a seat may be purchased for an infant. Children over 24 months must have their own ticket and assigned seat.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
12+

2.13. Children under 12 are not permitted to attend a Match at the Stadium unless accompanied by an adult 18 years and over. Children up to 2 years old (24 months), are not required to have their own seat and may sit on the lap of their parent/guardian. Lap children can only be held by an adult aged 18 years and over. Only one lap child is allowed per adult. If one adult is attending with more than one infant under 2 years of age, a seat will have to be purchased for each additional infant. Alternatively, a seat may be purchased for an infant. Children over 24 months must have their own ticket and assigned seat.

Thank you. That’s what I wanted to hear as they’re over 12 (I did look, honest!)

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Personally I would let any under 15 in by themselves . They are still children at the end of the day and need looking after .

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Surely “Family Stand” means adults plus kids, not just kids
Not what you were saying but tickets resold through the exchange are all sold as adult tickets. Which means occasionally in the family stand there will be very out of place groups of blokes for matches where they’ve bought exchange tickets.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
12+

Blimey. I went unaccompanied to my first game at the Goldstone age 11. With my 11 year old mate and our 8 year old brothers. That may well have warped my tiny mind. If my parents were alive today I would now be tempted to report them to the police.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Personally I would let any under 15 in by themselves . They are still children at the end of the day and need looking after .
You would have had a lot of objections from and me me mates back in the day at that !

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Can’t think of a safer environment personally in terms of entertainment- safer than a concert imo and a home game at the Amex is probably a much safer environment for kids than them hanging around the streets on their own. At least it will get their noses out of their phones and ipads for a few hours.

There’s enough policemen there! 😂

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Not what you were saying but tickets resold through the exchange are all sold as adult tickets. Which means occasionally in the family stand there will be very out of place groups of blokes for matches where they’ve bought exchange tickets.
I’ve had my same seat in the FS since day 1, in the first couple of seasons I’d upgrade the boy’s ticket (night match for example) but then they’d make me (and my +1) move to another block as two adults in the FS wasn’t to happen. They don’t give a toss now.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I went to the Goldstone when I was 14 ish with other mates, the difference is then you could move where you wanted and others could move away from you! Now in seating you are stuck with someone elses kids for 2 hours.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Blimey. I went unaccompanied to my first game at the Goldstone age 11. With my 11 year old mate and our 8 year old brothers. That may well have warped my tiny mind. If my parents were alive today I would now be tempted to report them to the police.
:lolol:

I was 13 when I was going in the North Stand with my school mates. I knew there’d be someone who trumped that :thumbsup:

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I remember going to The (old) Den when I was 14, for the play off semi. Got the train up from Eastbourne by myself and met similarly aged friends at the ground - mental now I look back at it.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I wouldn’t let a 12 year old on a bus by themselves unless it was a school bus only for children at a particular school driven by a driver employed by the school . Like the Brighton College minibuses you see in town .

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I was going to The Goldstone at a young age with my father, but when I was 12, i went with a friend of the same age, going to football back then wasn’t like the safe family atmosphere we have at the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here