Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] After Saturday why not chuckle at these past " glorious moments "

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Surely the 5-0 loss at palace warranted a mention over some of those games?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Still scored the best goal of the game v Huddersfield,the away went absolutely mental.

Harry Potter Lol GIF by Sky

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Still scored the best goal of the game v Huddersfield,the away went absolutely mental.
And the best goal of the game in the 6-1 defeat at Oldham.

We were 6-0 down, it was the 90th minute, and it was snowing. The away end did NOT go mental.

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
First ever game the 0-0 v Doncaster & mascot for the 0-4 v Darlington - but too young to really recall them…

Actually enjoyed the loss to Millwall under Sami - such was the poisonous-ness? Of the crowd

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The Donny 0-0 at Priestfield is possibly the worst game of professional football ever played.

Was also at the 6-1 Oldham game, Afterwards I played with a supporters team against their fans on the same pitch. It was literally the only thing that plastic pitch was good for. Otherwise it was like playing football on a sheet of glass that someone had covered with some sand on top and put the bounciest rubber underneath. They beat us too, one of the goals coming from 30 yards and bouncing twice at different speeds and heights. Most of the mini bus trip back was spent forcing beer down our midfielder who'd lost most of the skin off his leg making a run of the mill tackle. Dreadful place.
I wish I'd stayed for that. As usual, there was trouble after the game. Someone always took a biff at Oldham.

In the space of a month we went to all four corners of blighty. Plymouth, Oldham and Newcastle (for a postponed match...)

The 5-1 defeat at Pompey stands out. My memory is of a bunch of 10 year old Pompey fans bouncing up and down giving us the two fingered salute as the goals rained in.

And it rained for the second half.

Still, no day will ever be as shitty as Blackburn in 1991... ever. Crap beer festival, awful game, and ill all the way home on a train that was delayed due to one of our fans smashing up a table. Taxis from Victoria and home at 3am.

It's not always about the football.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I only did one of those, MK Dons away, and I left after five minutes as my daughter got upset when her balloon popped and we had to go home. I was spared a worst fate it seems!

So have to make my own list of misery...

Palace 5-0 Brighton, obviously
Walsall 3-0 Brighton at the start of Slade's reign, the most bored I've been at a Brighton match
Doncaster 3-0 Brighton early in the 96-97 season, we were just so so awful
Macclesfield 1-0 Brighton in Jan 98, their first season in the football league, us the big boys gracing Moss Rose for the first time, god we were embarrassing
Hull 2-0 Brighton, the game where Micky hauled off Dave Cameron in the first half
Mansfield 2-0 Brighton, April 1999, I seem to recall Rod Thomas getting sent off very early and that was that, Wood didn't last much longer as manager
Brighton 0-3 Sunderland, Feb 87, possibly Barry Lloyds first game in charge, this could have been anyone of succession of dreadful performances that season (quiz question, who is the only manager since Barry Lloyd to fail to win any of his first five games in charge?)
Everton 3-1 Brighton under CH, a stonking performance by Jahanbakhsh at wing back, amongst others, ruining what was rather a nice day out up to that point
Halifax 1-0 Brighton, April 1999, this was actually a date :facepalm: Thankfully my date agreed to marry me, she also agreed to never come to another Brighton game
Oldham away, god knows when, god knows what the score was, it was just cold..........

that will do, getting quite tetchy just thinking about them!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was at 4 of those games but they missed the 0-3 away at Millwall before the Mansfield FA cup game. The dressing room was in revolt, and not one of the players put a shift in.
i also remember losing to Halifax away in either 98 or 99. We were dire.

mile oak

May 21, 2023
Brilliantly written comments on some of Brighton least finest moments - just a reminder that we were once really sh*t - however we still had a sense of humour!
FYI I was at most of these - not the Canvey Island game sadly ! Enjoy

What about Brian Wade was it 4 on your debut? Did you score again?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here